Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

TNS 300 SAT NAV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lerroch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 20:44    Post subject: TNS 300 SAT NAV Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

Can anyone help me with some advise please?  I have a 1998 Amazon which was fitted with a Sat Nav and 6 disc CD player when we bought it. There was no manual for Sat Nav but we haven't had problems with it.  A while ago the 2 batteries had to be changed as they were dead and since then the Sat Nav hasn't worked properly.

Although it goes on when the screen is flipped up, it doesn't detect the correct loaction for the car and the time is wrong. I have looked at the Settings on the Sat Nav but there's nothing to do something like a Reset, and I have also checked the actual Sat Nav unit that sits uder the driver's seat. I haven't found anything to help.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 20:44    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

wobbly

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this link

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/Aim.aspx?menuitem=2

Click on Search AIM , then type tns 300 into accessory type - it will give you a choice of models - couldnt see yours but would think they are all similar.

Pete
lerroch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 21:44    Post subject: TNS 300 SAT NAV Reply with quote

I had been in there thanks. I got  copy of the installation manual but couldn't find a Service or Owners Manual at all.

Thanks
lucky
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 15:01    Post subject: Re: TNS 300 SAT NAV Reply with quote

lerroch wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Can anyone help me with some advise please?  I have a 1998 Amazon which was fitted with a Sat Nav and 6 disc CD player when we bought it. There was no manual for Sat Nav but we haven't had problems with it.  A while ago the 2 batteries had to be changed as they were dead and since then the Sat Nav hasn't worked properly.

Although it goes on when the screen is flipped up, it doesn't detect the correct loaction for the car and the time is wrong. I have looked at the Settings on the Sat Nav but there's nothing to do something like a Reset, and I have also checked the actual Sat Nav unit that sits uder the driver's seat. I haven't found anything to help.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Take the disc out of the unit under the drivers seat and re-insert. That effectively will reset it. Sometimes my TNS500 I had in my 80 used to do that getting lost thing. It could also be the antenna that has gone - it sits under the dash top panel I think on the drivers side and plugs into the sat nav unit. The batteries that were changeed - I presume this was for the remote. In that case I think what you are experiencing is an unlucky coincidence (and I normally don't believe in those). Changing the batteries on the remote should have no effect on that actual sat nav, it has nothing to do with the detection of the signal - that is purely down to the antenna. You may try unplugging the antenna and plugging it in again, it is powered by the Sat nav unit and disconnecting it and reconnecting it may help things.
lucky
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 15:02    Post subject: Re: TNS 300 SAT NAV Reply with quote

lerroch wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Take the disc out of the unit under the drivers seat and re-insert. That effectively will reset it. Sometimes my TNS500 I had in my 80 used to do that getting lost thing. It could also be the antenna that has gone - it sits under the dash top panel I think on the drivers side and plugs into the sat nav unit. The batteries that were changeed - I presume this was for the remote. In that case I think what you are experiencing is an unlucky coincidence (and I normally don't believe in those). Changing the batteries on the remote should have no effect on that actual sat nav, it has nothing to do with the detection of the signal - that is purely down to the antenna. You may try unplugging the antenna and plugging it in again, it is powered by the Sat nav unit and disconnecting it and reconnecting it may help things.
lucky
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry about the double post, my Internet connection went stupid.
lerroch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I will try that and see if it works. The batteries that were changed were the car Batteries not the remote ones. I should have made that clear.
lucky
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 15:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah Ha - makes more sense now - I kne I shouldn't believe in coincidences.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: