4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Norwich Union Direct

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Landcruiser, Amazon, VX, Colorado and Prado insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike t

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 21:37    Post subject: Norwich Union Direct Reply with quote

96 3.0 Prado TX, 47 year old, full no cliams, wife to drive, no points, 2 non fault claims.
Norwich Union Direct £358 fully comp.

That will do nicely!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 21:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

rob64

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same details , except only 1 no fault claim . £379 .
"Barclays " . I was as surprised as everyone i have told !
Grimbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

96, 4.2 , 24v , 80 series, uk car , 43 years old, (me , not the car) wife to drive ,full no claims , clean licence, 242 quid fully comp , Hastings Direct. Very helpful , but never made a claim, that's when you really find out how good they are! Quote's varied by 300 quid from cheapest to most expensive at 550 + !!!! What would the extra 300 of got me ? Don't allways believe cheapest is best , but in this case, Smile seems so
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 16:26    Post subject: SHOCK HORROR Reply with quote

these people are in the wrong business ...they should be on stage or in a circus .. they quoted me the worst one i have ever had in 36 years of driving 9 yrs ncb zero conviction /claims all perfect for them the cost an uproariously laughable £513.24

rofl
of course i will phone them for another quote and then laff like a demented person  you never know i might just get a STAFF DISCOUNT
CompanyMan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used Norwich Union Direct, or Aviva as they now are, for some years. I find they are much the same as anyone else and more efficient with their applications paperwork than some, although that isn't saying a great deal.

Haven't made a claim for several years but they did pay out my wife's claim ( back-ended at traffic lights ) quite quickly a few years ago.

They don't seem unduly fussed about up to 6 points for being gatso'd, cover towing happily enough ( although value of trailer and contents is a no-no ) and don't whinge about driving overseas in France, Spain and Germany.

Their quote for my younger son ( 17 and just passed his test, Mitsubishi Colt ) was no more or less outrageous than the main grouping. Premium for my elder son ( 23 and passed test 3 years ago, no points, driving the 4x4 ) is ok.

Not really being an 'enthusiast' driver, I have no modifications apart from sometimes a towing plate for pulling plant, so I can't comment on that side of things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Landcruiser, Amazon, VX, Colorado and Prado insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: