Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Maximum Gross Weight (MAM)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Palle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 18:13    Post subject: Maximum Gross Weight (MAM) Reply with quote

Can anyone please help me find some sort of official document that gives the Max Gross weight on a -92 / -93 LWB Prado, 2,4 L Turbo Diesel! Its an Import. Or do any one have a Jap manual for the same with the figurs in? It seems to be impossible to find that info! Question
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 18:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

mike t

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you thought about nipping down to your friendly local scrapyard and sticking it on the wieghbridge.That will tell you exactly how much it wieghs!
Palle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, Yes but as I need to know the GROSS weight it means I need tofind out how much Toyota allows you to load in the car. Or the maximum allowed weight on each axel.

The above information is not posible to get from the weigh bridge, it has to come from Toyota or a manual for the car. I have tried Toyota with not much luck as the car is an grey import. Exclamation
andy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 13:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you need the info to register the vehicle, most info can be found on the japnese de-reg certificate.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
Palle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Do you need the info to register the vehicle, most info can be found on the japnese de-reg certificate.

And where can I get one of those from?

Cheers

Paul Smile
andy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's an import the de-reg certificate is supplied from the agent that supplied the vehicle.

You didn't answer my question though, so do you need this data to register in the UK.
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
Palle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
If it's an import the de-reg certificate is supplied from the agent that supplied the vehicle.

You didn't answer my question though, so do you need this data to register in the UK.

Andy,  thanks for your reply!  I have been buisy moving back to Sweden.  I need the information to be able to register it in Sweden,  I have tried to get an orignal manual for a -92 LWB Prado , 2,4 Diesel as that would be accepted (Even in Japanese!) but no luck so far!

I have also tried the DVLA, no answer yet!  They should have the old Japanese documents.  The car was bought by a private byer from an action in Menchester so he did not save the originale Japanese de-reg document.  But I have also noticed that the manufacturer sign in the enginen copartment states the axels to be " G144"  I asume that  means that the max axel load is 1440 kg, then the max Gross whight would be 1880kg.  Does anyone no if that makes sence!

Confused   Palle
andy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

The G144 means that you have a 8''gear 4.875 diff and a 4 pinion open diff, see here http://www.brian894x4.com/Gearratiosanddiffs.html
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: