Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

What is going on with insurance prices???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Landcruiser, Amazon, VX, Colorado and Prado insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NightStalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 15:47    Post subject: What is going on with insurance prices??? Reply with quote

Blimey.... Surprised

Just had a renewal offer from Swiftcover and almost had a heart attack!!!

Then went on the usuall sites to get quotes and was just about to order my coffin.... what the hell is going on with car insurance rates, they are like going through the roof!
Got 9 years no claims and one speeding ticket which clears the DVLA system on Nov 24th and the best quote I've had is for around teh £575  Shocked
Anyone here know who could beat this quote? The 2gether chaps on this site quoted around the £750 mark.... Sad

Regards
Rob
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 15:47    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

fridayman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 16:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

The insurance industry (especially motor) has been in decline for the last few years. This year it is turning around and premiums are on the rise. This is likely to continue for a while.
Ecoman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

speeding ticked doesn't usually count. Insurance companies tend to only take them into consideration when there are more than 6.

Have you tried Adrian Flux and NFU? I'm currently with Flux for my 80 and NFU for my Hilux. Flux insured me on my Surf for £375 comprehensive. I swapped to the 80 and then only charged me the admin fee. Try playing around with things like putting the excess up by £100 or lowering the mileage a few thousand miles and see what differencre that could make. Even putting the wife or girlfriend on as a named driver can significantly reduce the premiums.
Trevski
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 0:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used www.moneysupermarket.com and ended up with Admiral, did a multicar policy with the Cruiser and the wifes mondeo. Fully Comp at £304, 12 years NCD, protected NCD, legal cover and excess at £250.
NightStalker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...

NFU haven't got back to me yet... Adrian Flux didn't do to good either... they came up with 585.... explanation given was that according to insurance records there are a lot of claims on Landcruisers which bumps the cost up (Hmmm  Confused  )
Money supermarket was no good for me nor compare the meerkat... looks like I'll have to take it on the chin and fork out a small fortune to insure the beastie.... Damn!

300 odd quid for insurance... would be great! How did you manage that... I've only got 9 years no claims, evenso I should be getting a decent quote no? I'm 38 so out of the boy racer age (one would think) not that one could do any boy racing with the beast....  Wink

Got some time yet... gotta dig a bit further.

Regards
Rob
Rolling Eyes
Trevski
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 13:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't have any conversation around off roading or greenlaning and I don't have any mods other than the tyres. My view is that greenlaning is the same as paved roads as far as insurance is concerned and I don't off road (yet) that would require anything other than standard insurance.
NightStalker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 13:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just done an online admiral check and got quoted 521 stating I have no kids, however as soon as I state I have kids the premium goes up to 566  Shocked  one would think that having kids in the car would show the insurance company that one would be a careful driver..... nope - I called Admiral to ask them why the kids make it more expensive and was told that "STATISTICS" (I hate it when they come up with *beep* like that) show that many accidents are caused by drivers being distracted by kids in the car and cause accidents - RIGHT  Evil or Very Mad
Still at least they are still the cheapest so far.... waiting on NFU now.
Trevski
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my case, the cruiser in registered in the wifes name and she is the main policyholder with me as named additional driver. This year I'm the main driver on the Mondeo (we chop and change every year as we both drive each vehicle about the same amount). The cruiser is an '03 120 LC4 D4D 3.0 Diesel. Hope that helps with comparisons.
busaboy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flux is always the winner for me.
Got the premium reduced loads by saying that i now have only 2 seats in the truck, do not drive it to work and back, limited milage, and i even included all my mods. breakdown and legal included and yes i did check that they will do modified trucks, they gave me the number of the breakdown company so i called and asked.
They also have great tunes for when you are on hold  Cool
Ecoman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea but maybe its the area in which I live and the job I do. I'm 38, a travel consultant, cohabiting, 1 child, 1 years NCB (on this vehicle as my 8 years are on the Hilux), I live just south of Peterhead in Aberdeenshire, car is on the drive and I have held my licence since 1995 and no points. I currently don't have the missus on the policy as she has had an unfortunate year of insurance claims and mishaps so would push the premium up too far. When I renew next year I will add her then.

Flux are generally quite good and run a "we match any quote" policy so might be worth having a chat and see if you can play one company against another to get a deal you want.
joinerman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Chris knott on here, just done my renewal, 58 years old, 3 points max NCB  £255.00
Mukiwa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with 'Admiral', (been with them for over 5 years now), had a renewal come through for £348 (tax incl) full comp for my "02 LC Amazon TD, as I didn't have time to do a search on line I just let the renewal go through. (I also had road tax come same time For £245/annum!Rolling Eyes)
This includes my wife as a second driver too, both of us have 10 years no claim bonus and 3 points on mine and nil on my wifes licences, bonus protection, I also did state 'immobilised' and 'Tracker' installed.

Hope this helps with any comparisons.
NightStalker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAAAMn!!!  Shocked

I dont believe it! Best quote I've had has now been 604 the 575 is no more WTH....   Evil or Very Mad
I'm gonna try Chris knott next and advise I do not have the 2 fold up seats in the back and class my LC as a 5 seater, see if that makes any difference...
I first thought perhaps its my age which is not doing me any favours (I'm 38) but reading through the posts I have come to the conclusion that this cannot be the case, must be the post code I live in - I'm gutted as when I got my LC last year my insurance worked out to be around the 480 mark.... what happened to the days that your no claims actually counted towards brining the premium down  Rolling Eyes

Well got a few weeks left to get best deal sorted out..... Fingers crossed

Regards
Rob
Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Landcruiser, Amazon, VX, Colorado and Prado insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: