Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Odd service from my insurance provider ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Landcruiser, Amazon, VX, Colorado and Prado insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edbricas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 18:24    Post subject: Odd service from my insurance provider ... Reply with quote

Checking out the cost of the parts with my local Toyota dealer they came to a touch over £450 so with the work and a courtesy car well over my excess. I contacted my insurance company who in turn had their repairers contact me.  Then the strange conversation with the gut who was going to pick up my motor. “Its a bit old” says he, “I’ll collect it but they’ll probably write it off and send you a cheque” he says.  
Alarm bells started to ring, it’s a 1999 on a T plate with 130k (barely run-in) on the clock and worth a sight more than a few grand to me.  So I rang Shelia cancelled the claim and have so far found the wing and indicator for £115 and I’m still looking for a sensible priced headlamp unit cheaper than the £168+ from Toyota, any suggestions.
I wonder if anyone else as found this sort of treatment from any insurer and wonder if it is some sort of scam between insurers and breakers?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 18:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

joinerman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'll still clobber you at renewal time, they now know you've been involved in an accident & you will be a " Bad Risk " - doesn't matter if you've got protected NCB your on the database, so if you go elsewhere & don't tell them then have a claim there's a good chance they won't cough up & it's also fraud.

Sorry, not what you wanted to hear.
tlocuk
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 23:08    Post subject: Re: Odd service from my insurance provider ... Reply with quote

Edbricas wrote:
... wonder if it is some sort of scam between insurers and breakers?

Not at all ... insurance - it's all about gambling - the odds being on whether or not you'll make a claim - the underwriters take the risk - they don't want to lose out!

There are all sorts of 'arrangements' involved when you make a claim, from 'full price OEM parts' to 'preferred' companies from all sorts of businesses involved in helping to 'settle' the claim - it's just business.

Simon dontknow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Landcruiser, Amazon, VX, Colorado and Prado insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: