4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

1994 LC vx 3.0 L turbo. Looking for service in Scotland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Garages / Servicing Agents / Mechanics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LC27

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 20:29    Post subject: 1994 LC vx 3.0 L turbo. Looking for service in Scotland Reply with quote

Hi there

I recently bought  a LC short chasis, 1994 VX 3.0 L turbo
Its run nice, but its need a full service and some check on the gearbox.
I wonder if somebody knows any good and honest garage to perform it, arround aberdeen scotland
thanks

LC27
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 20:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Roger Fairclough

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 16:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum.

Finding a mechanic to service your LC can be a problem, as most guys deal with small hatchbacks and saloons.

From your description I assume it's what we call a 70 series or LC two. If so it deserves looking after as it is a very rare beast.

I will give you a few options.

Firstly, if there is one close to you, try a Toyota dealer. The dealership itself will not, in all probability, be interested in a 15 year old motor as they can be more trouble than they are worth. This is not to say that they are unreliable, far from it, but dealerships, in general don't look at any thing more than 3 years old. At the dealership speak to the service manager and ask him if he knows of anybody local to you who might be interested. Read the guys face, is he interested in a classic LC or just not interested. He may suggest that one of his own guys might be tempted. Down South a dealership would sack an employee who did work on the side but it might be different in the Highlands.

Another option is the local 4X4 club. It's probably easier to locate a Land Rover based one---I'll wash my mouth out later---but the club secretary may be able to point you in the direction of either another, multi motor club, or a mechanic who deals with 4X4's.

Roger
LC27

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the suggestion,
Indeed is the Toyota Land cruiser II.

I already contacted the local toyota dealer, the manager told me they can service the car withot problem, I am  just waiting for a call back for the cost,
I hope it is not going to cost me a leg

Best Regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Garages / Servicing Agents / Mechanics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: