4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

insurance has doubled!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Landcruiser, Amazon, VX, Colorado and Prado insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fast but dim

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 13:19    Post subject: insurance has doubled! Reply with quote

just had my renewal from adrian flux Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

lc120 d4d 53 plate. last year £350 ish

this year £760 ish.

no changes, apart from i've had another year of claim free motoring (9yrs ncd)

i've had a ring round, and the worst thing is the flux quote's the best!  WTF has happened to insurance prices?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 13:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

nick j

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crikey! thats ridiculous mine is up in April I'm not looking forward to it...
joinerman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Chris Knott on here, i've got max NCB plus 3 points & my recent renewal was around £250- £260
Grimbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's less this year .... got a multi-car discount from Admiral as mrs G also is now with them , both fully comp - protected ncd , etc ... mine a 96 24v 80 , hers a Merc kompressor sports estate car ... Admiral were cheaper for her car too ... we are a rural postcode ....cars kept in a garage but without garage doors..one of those oak frame type things ...on a gated drive .... perhaps the post code makes the difference ?
marlot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Adrian Flux renewal has gone from £350 to £833!

Just phoned them and they can't get any lower - apparently RSA have stopped taking new business.  Just getting quotes now, but Aviva or Admiral multicar coming out top at the moment.  Probably go Aviva.
munster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you vote in the Adrian Flux pole and make your feelings known Mad
lpg cruiser
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, my renewal with 2gether was over £500 with £300 excess (up 23% from last year) so I tried 'compare the meerkat' and Admiral looked good at around 360. I phoned them as the online quote doesn't cover overseas breakdown, but still finished up at 440, with a 200 excess (helped by taking the multi-car on the wife's mazda 6 when it expires in October).

I phoned 2gether to give them a chance to beat Admiral but as soon as I said I had 200 excess with Admiral they gave up and said there's no way they could beat that.

Pays to shop around

Rick
marlot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

My renewal was a toss up between admiral multicar and aviva (who are offering so many days cover free at the moment).  Wetn with Aviva at £280 instead of the £833 I'd been quoted by Adrian Flux.
horsesforcourses

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had insured through the AA last year, renewal came this week for £435. this was with a £350 excess as well. tried Chris Knott which came in much better at £372 with only £100 excess.  Was going to go with this, but then tried Saga, and got a quote with £100 excess for £270......whoohoo...at least one benefit of being over 50!!!!
joinerman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried Saga & they were much more expencive than my current insurer, Chris Knott.
Andrew Brierley

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 0:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

lpg cruiser wrote:
yep, my renewal with 2gether was over £500 with £300 excess (up 23% from last year) so I tried 'compare the meerkat' and Admiral looked good at around 360. I phoned them as the online quote doesn't cover overseas breakdown, but still finished up at 440, with a 200 excess (helped by taking the multi-car on the wife's mazda 6 when it expires in October).

I phoned 2gether to give them a chance to beat Admiral but as soon as I said I had 200 excess with Admiral they gave up and said there's no way they could beat that.

Pays to shop around

Rick

Currently with Admiral, and they certainly offer good prices, but wouldn't cover me if I fitted a snorkel. Aparently they considered that I might then use my truck off road! WTF would I buy a LC and not have any intention to ue it off road? Also discovered that they would not cover any off road events, even if organised. Very cheap, and a pretty good service, but no use whatsoever Sad Then tried  SureTerm who are also pretty good, but their main insurer (Enterprise) has aslo recently stopped providing off road cover, and also wouldn't provide cover for 4x4Response activities. Sad  It sure is becoming harder to find a good combination of cost Vs cover.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Landcruiser, Amazon, VX, Colorado and Prado insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: