NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Double din radio removal - 97' Prado?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Royston

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 18:19    Post subject: Double din radio removal - 97' Prado? Reply with quote

Hi Chaps,
Tried unsuccessfully to locate some info so was hoping someone might point me in the right direction. I have obtained a UK version sonty double din radio but have no idea of how to remove the factory fitted one ....any help appreciated
thanks
Roy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 18:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10378
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
Royston

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10378

Thanks..will give it a try at the weekend. Do you have any idea of the lugs that hold the panel in place nearer the top eg; might these be pop on/off or a hook type??, Dont want to give it a tug and find it snaps in half Wink
andy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry dont have a 90, but most that I have seen are push in lugs with spring clips, work from the bottom and it should all become clear.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
Royston

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Sorry dont have a 90, but most that I have seen are push in lugs with spring clips, work from the bottom and it should all become clear.

Big Thanks.
EvilEd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pull the bottom out, the top two on mine are tight but if you look either side of the vents, there is a gap in the moulding that you can see as you pull it out slightly, Big screwdriver with some tape on, one side at a time, poke it in there and give it a twist. Mine always pops the vents off the panel slightly as I pull it off too, just re-seat before you re-assemble.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: