2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Best way to get iPOD in LC5

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

garystockton wrote:
I'm going to be installing the xCarLink unit, but in order to confirm 100% what I need, I require the model number of the head unit on the LC5 - and I've no clue?  Can anyone suggest what it might be?  ToyoDIY says:

Part 86120-60451, Pioneer. ID=3746

The guys want to know if this is a B9000, 9010, etc?

Anyone know for definite what the Pioneer model is?

Cheers

I've got one of these http://www.incaripod.com/Brand/Dension/Dension_Gateway_100_iPod_Car_Adapter spare if you want to try it Gary. It has the changer retention lead and as far as I can tell there's a decent chance it would work on yours. If you have photo's of the CD change connector on yours I could compare before wasting postage money  Laughing I was using it in my 100 before I swapped the head unit to something with this functionality built in.

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 17:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Cyland101

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok there are a number of numbers  Twisted Evil on the console radio:

Tape deck: Toyota no. 86120-60450 Pioneer no. KEX-M8627zt
Touch screen Display: Toyota no 86111-60090 and also 462200-0812 (made by Denso)
LCD Display: PC 83910-60180 and 022200-792

Hope that helps
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers - I think the KEX-M8627zt is the one I want - but I'll send them the lot!
Cyland101

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some pics of the back of the unit... might be useful:

Complete Unit:

Tape unit Connections:

Touch Screen Connections:

LCD Connections:

The verticle grey on on the left in the above picture is for the climate controle buttons

Cheers
Tony
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 23:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to be sure from those pictures but the Dension Y adapter I have has both type 1 and type 2 connectors that are shown for this product mentioned earlier: http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=29&cat=11&page=1

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Cyland101

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the connector on the far left of the tape unit is the Type 1 in your link.

If you go to this link you can see a bigger picture of the back of the tape unit.

http://buka.smugmug.com/Other/Temp/11203199_xxTsd#785507983_Y7JcJ-O-LB
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

So after much to-ing and fro-ing and taking pics etc. etc. this is the reply from XCarLink:

Thanks for submitting your ticket to Xcarlink, your ticket has been responded to as follows:

Hi there,
Many thanks for the photo.

This particular unit has not yet been tested with Xcarlink, however if you decide to make a purchase and find that it is not compatible, you would be welcome to return it to us for a refund. If the unit does work we would be grateful if you could let us know for future reference

They've been on the ball ito customer service - been pretty impressed.  So I'll get the unit, seeing as it's a complete no-risk deal, and report back to everyone how it goes!  With pics  Laughing

Cheers
Cyland101

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary if you do take you radio unit out, I would be interested in pics of the wiring loom which plugs into the LCD/Radio etc, and where this goes into the main loom. I think I need a adapter loom from the main harness to the radio etc to make the LC5 unit fit into my LC4.....

And if you can see any part numbers that would be even better  Very Happy
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 17:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - will do.  The unit is on it's way ....
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 18:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an hour to fiddle with this yesterday, and almost ended up working by candle light to get things sorted  Laughing  Shocked

Got the unit and decided to do a trial run, as it didn't come with a 'Y' cable, which I need.  So in the absence of that I wanted to see if the thing works or not, with the idea of taking some pics of the wiring looms for folk ...

Well - that was the plan.

I got the silver trim off OK - but the left hand ventilator got stuck behind and then fell apart in my hands  Shocked   No big deal, but I should have given up then, as the gods were obviously not on my side.....

Got that put back together - fiddly, not tricky - then did the driver's side.  All OK so far.

Then 1 got my trusty new 1/4" drive socket set warmed up to take out the retaining bolts.  Got the top left one undone, and as I removed it, the socket and bolt popped off the extension and disappeared down the yawning chasm under the dash near the firewall somewhere.

If I had a filter for the blue air inside the truck, I would post some pics of how to dismantle almost the entire dash to find a socket and bolt that you just KNOW is going to rattle forever if you don't get them out  Mad

So 2 hours later I find them and get everything reassembled.  I took out the unit (by now it's too dark to take pics) and pull the loom for the CD changer out and plug in the XCarLink unit.  Plug in the iPod and hey presto - great sound through the speakers.  The bluetooth unit talks to my iPhone OK too - it's a bit cludgy (you can't get to the address book for e.g. and you have to use their little single-button controller to take and drop calls - and you need to dial from your phone, so not so very hands-free ...)

So - as an iPod interface I think it's OK - the display that comes up is really weird until you spend some time deciphering the instructions which, even with my 3rd world English experience, was a challenge.  Once you realise that the naming convention is meaningless and the buttons can get you through the playlist, you're OK.  Nice feature is the Toyota LC5 multi-screen displays the track name, and you can control the iPod from it (in a limited fashion).

So - am I going to keep it and order the 'Y' cable?  I don't actually know.  It does the music bit integration OK.  It doesn't do the bluetooth hands-free kit anywhere as well as the Parrot MKi9200 kit though, but at about 1/2 the price, what's more important??

If I can get the Parrot kit and adapter cable for a decent price I might be tempted - at least their configuration specifically wants to know if I have a LC5 with under-seat amplifier, so they seem to know what they're on about ...

I'll sleep on it I think.  And post the few pics I did take later too...

PS - the gods continued their irritation with me later when I basically Twisted Evil  assembled an IKEA bookshelf inside out and back to front and hung the doors upside-down  Embarassed   SWMBO was not terribly amused  Shocked  Laughing
IanW

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very interested in this.  I have wanted iPod integration for ages.  Sad

I am now pretty much set on the PARROT MKi9200 as my Toyota Phone kit is not the best, keep getting echos and background noise on calls.

Ian.
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an update - none of the a ove worked so I put ina Dension 100 that came with the 'Y' cable so cd shuttle still works. There are other more advanced models, so check out their website.

Easy to fit and works well. Sound quality is good and it charges the device

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: