Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

CHECK OUT TESCO! NO VOLUNTARY EXCESS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Landcruiser, Amazon, VX, Colorado and Prado insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GCC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 19:22    Post subject: CHECK OUT TESCO! NO VOLUNTARY EXCESS Reply with quote

I take delivery of an 05 Amazon 4.7V8 next Fri (01 Jul) and so have been organising a policy.

I have previously had a similar Amazon and an LC4, but been out of them for a year and driving a Mercedes.

Shopped around, several compare sites.

Reduced voluntary excess to zero and up popped Tesco. £384 fully comp (I am 49 and other half is 47) and I was able to add European breakdown and full UK recovery for only £85.

Tesco only appeared when I took the voluntary down to next to zero.

Very pleased.

A
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 19:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 20:31    Post subject: Re: CHECK OUT TESCO! NO VOLUNTARY EXCESS Reply with quote

GCC wrote:
I take delivery of an 05 Amazon 4.7V8 next Fri (01 Jul) and so have been organising a policy.

I have previously had a similar Amazon and an LC4, but been out of them for a year and driving a Mercedes.

Shopped around, several compare sites.

Reduced voluntary excess to zero and up popped Tesco. £384 fully comp (I am 49 and other half is 47) and I was able to add European breakdown and full UK recovery for only £85.

Tesco only appeared when I took the voluntary down to next to zero.

Very pleased.

A

Insurance is only proved when you need to claim, and Tesco might be cheap, but hope you don't need to claim as they will try and get out of any claim

Radiotwo
uk_vette
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

As above,
You only get what you pay for with insurance.

It might be cheap, but some times, cheap comes with a load of problems when making a claim.

When it comes to insurance, I deliberatly wont chose the lowest few tenders.
I rather go for a policy directly with the insurere, rather than what appears to be a "middle broker"

NFU for me, not cheapest, but I don't expect any hassle when I may need to claim

V
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

uk_vette wrote:
As above,
You only get what you pay for with insurance.

It might be cheap, but some times, cheap comes with a load of problems when making a claim.

When it comes to insurance, I deliberatly wont chose the lowest few tenders.
I rather go for a policy directly with the insurere, rather than what appears to be a "middle broker"

NFU for me, not cheapest, but I don't expect any hassle when I may need to claim

V

Hi V

Sorry I had to come back on this, I have just renewed with NFU, although there rates have gone up (in my case) of 50% which got me
looking around for other quotes, but when came down to the bottom line no one else could give me what I wanted, but I asked the branch
could they reduce the premium, and they managed to drop it by about £100, and then played about with excess's, and managed to get
a further reduction.

Just on one other point though, I did try another branch, and was told that they were not doing NEW motor insurance, but did not give a reason.

and as far as service, the NFU has been great over the years for me and the family, in fact my son had a car insured with them and six month
later wrote it off, and they paid out more that we paid for the car ! (I am not saying its the norm, but we were happy)

Radiotwo
uk_vette
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello R2,

I initially, several years ago when with NFU Direct, I think they are based in Scotland.
Until I discovered that NFU were rolling out "Local branches"
I went into the local branch to me, and enquired about additional driver.
They said I would have to have my policy changed from HFU Direct to their local branch.
No cost at all, just sign the authorisation they passed to me in the local branch.
I did it there and then and the local branch faxed it to NFU Direct, and within 5 mins, all was OK for  the local branch to take control for me.
Last year the cost was £391
This is my brothers LC  and I am named driver
This year £471, or some thing like that, I can't remember exactly.
I am happy enough

V.
GCC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly hope that does not materialise as an issue! Although the advice is of course sound. I did trawl around and found no adverse critisicm of Tesco..... There were a heap of options around the £330 -350 mark. The breakdown cover also seemed good value. Fingers crossed!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Landcruiser, Amazon, VX, Colorado and Prado insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: