Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Double-DIN mounting brackets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cantanko
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 0:29    Post subject: Double-DIN mounting brackets Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm looking for a pair of double-DIN stereo mounting brackets for an 80-series - they screw to the sides of the head unit, and then the whole shebang screws into the dash.

The nearest thing I can find anywhere so far is item number 290496242241 on The Auction Site That Must Not Be Named (stick that number into the search box) which looks like it kinda sorta oughta do the job, but I'm not sure...

Next stop is Mr. T, but I know that's just going to be scarily expensive...

Cheers,
--Harry
'90 Celica GT-Four ST185 RC 1266•5000
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 0:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Wildmutt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 23:10    Post subject: Double din brackets Reply with quote

Go to a breakers and look for some bracketes from an MR2. They are very similar to what you are looking for and can easily be adapted to fit. All I had to do to fit them in my Colorado was drill two extra holes in the side to fit my radio in.

Keeping everyone happy is impossible. Pissing them off is a piece of cake......I like cake.
cantanko
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 21:59    Post subject: Re: Double din brackets Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

Wildmutt wrote:
Go to a breakers and look for some bracketes from an MR2.
Indeed - the pair I spotted on The Auction Site That Must Not Be Named did look like they'd fit, however I nipped round to Inchcape Derby today and inquired as to the price of the proper 80-series ones - pleasantly surprised to find they quoted me £5.05 + VAT per side, so for about £12 I have the proper ones Smile

Cheers for the suggestion though!

ATB,
Harry
'90 Celica GT-Four ST185 RC 1266•5000
big

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe you can find some factory on e bay ,they had such,maybe you can give me email
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: