NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Best Roof Rack?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AfricaOverlander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:26    Post subject: Best Roof Rack? Reply with quote

Need some opinions/advice here. I'm giving some serious thought to putting a roof rack on my 95 LC.

My use for the vehicle, overlanding in Africa. I'll probably carry a spare tire and some water up there initially. In the future I may put up a roof top tent.

What roof racks have you all had a good experience with. What's the cost? Anyone have a good used roof rack? =)

David
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:26    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

faniemalherbe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 0:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hannibal is what I imported and fitted. It is super strong and sturdy. The other option I considered was Frontrunner Wind Cheetha racks, but you'll struggle to get one that was made to fit a 95 series.

I had the geniune Toyota rack, but thought it might be a bit too small for overlanding with a rrt, so fitted the Hannibal rack instead.
AfricaOverlander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

My LC is an 80 series and if you have the Toyota roof rack still, I might be interested.
Canex

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 14:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sent you a pm David.
Here are a couple of pics of the one I am selling:

Cheers
Chris
AfricaOverlander

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris,

What is the make/model of that roofrack?

Thanks for sending the pics!

David
AfricaOverlander

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris,

What is the make/model of that roofrack?

Thanks for sending the pics!

David
Canex

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry David I don't know the make or model, as far as I know it was fitted from new. I bought the car from a chap who had it from new & as far as I know everything was from the Main dealer.
I have sent you some more pictures via email.
cheers
Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: