All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

2012 Land Cruiser V8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 200 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crofthead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:24    Post subject: 2012 Land Cruiser V8 Reply with quote

I got a Land Cruiser V8 on 26 March and I wondered whether any members are experiencing similar issues.
The HAC hill start assist control doesn't work, there is no signal on the DAB radio and there are a few things missing from the published specification such as heated steering wheel, cd changer and remote boot opening.  Not the end of the world but I just feel a bit short-changed.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

nick j

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it back to the dealer....
Crofthead

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 22:35    Post subject: Update: Reply with quote

Toyota has advised dealer that heated steering wheel, remote boot opening and cd changer are not included in UK specification and that website and brochure are incorrect.
uk_vette
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh great,

Now time to start  getting discount, as they sold you some thing they had advertised, but perhaps not made it clear that that option was not part of the UK package.

vette
kittaylor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toyota said Friday that it will be expanding its engine-building facility in Huntsville, Alabama. The Japan-based automaker intends to add $80 million more to the facility and to generate at least 125 brand new hires. From my source, it is said that the expanded production schedule will begin in nearly two years, starting in March of 2014. Currently, the TMMAL facility makes about 500,000 engines a year. After the expansion, it will add about 216,000 units to its output. At that point, between its three U.S. motor plants, Toyota will be turning out more than 1.4 million engines a year. Well, that could be amazing.
jakkkko

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil
kittaylor wrote:
Toyota said Friday that it will be expanding its engine-building facility in Huntsville, Alabama. The Japan-based automaker intends to add $80 million more to the facility and to generate at least 125 brand new hires. From my source, it is said that the expanded production schedule will begin in nearly two years, starting in March of 2014. Currently, the TMMAL facility makes about 500,000 engines a year. After the expansion, it will add about 216,000 units to its output. At that point, between its three U.S. motor plants, Toyota will be turning out more than 1.4 million engines a year. Well, that could be amazing.

Hill All
my name is jakkkko ,and i am french (no joke ok ,i have got on me the most destructive gun for you :the camambert of 2002 dispatched on 24 h at your home door !! Laughing )

i am very happy to find a great forum which talk about LC and specialy to LC 200 V8 d4d series .

I have got a V8 which has 30000 kms .
the only issue (olmost nothing) is that there is a light "warning" saying to me that i have to change the oil filter (which is brand new) .It is a knowed issue ,if i trust the dealer toyota (and i trust it !!).
I am going to have a brand new v8 lounge 2012 one in order to replace this one .I made a great deal,toyota dealer take my first 2010 v8 and give me a brand new one for few penny.... Very Happy  Smile  Confused  Evil or Very Mad  

Well , i wonder if it is a great dealer at least since i read the specifications and compare ....
-i lost 14 HP '286 drop to 272 hp
-torc power is the same 650 nm
-the speed seems to be neerly the same
0/100km/h 8.2 to 8.9 s for the 2012 but 16.1 s for the two for 0/400m
-9.5 liters/100km for the 2012 instead of 10.2 liters/100kms (only is the theory ,the practice show us that you can add 2 liters .
,anyways
-new third generation commn rail (!) with more pressure (2000mpa instead of 1800 mpa ) for the 2012........
-multimedia with more high level stuffs  for the 2012 but ,bye bye multi dvd and HDD and hello touch pro toyota  Rolling Eyes  whish is that ?

the car is euro 5 approuved  (not a so good thing for us i thing compared to euro IV depollution )

well , i'll say to you  the pro and the cons between the two next year .

The dealer (i know him very well a friend ) say to me that is the last generation of the 200 and after , it is not sure, in france ,that the v8 will be in production anymore (down sizing, economical crysis etc etc )

If there is any one who has got a 2012 lc 200 , it would be great to discribe it on this geat forum Smile

Ps the speed box is a piece of ch...............t but in manual (.....) mode ,you feel more , a lot the power of the v8 ,gorgious !!!!!!! up to 4500t/min !!
the chrono is realy here !

many thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 200 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: