Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

THINKING OF BUYING A NEW 200

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 200 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lometun

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 14:49    Post subject: THINKING OF BUYING A NEW 200 Reply with quote

My local dealer has a 2012 v8 in at the moment so I booked a test drive as my 2007 Amazon has been with me for over 5 years now and I could fancy a change.
The only problem I can see is my Amazon can be a challenge to park sometimes and it is a tight fit through the bollards used on some roads to stop the trucks, and the v8 looks a whole lot bigger still. Can someone who has changed from one to the other tell me of their experience with this?
Also I think the one year old v8 models are vastly overpriced used so I was wondering if anyone has purchased a new one recently for under £60,000?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 14:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

ianmcbride

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed from an Amazon to a V8 - in size and manouvering I noticed no difference.  The V8, though, has the immense benefit of a reversing camera which, along with the parking sensors, makes light work of parking in tight spots.
rangrov

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 19:06    Post subject: new cruiser V8 YES Reply with quote

Hi i have just bought a new land cruiser V8 i have moved up from a 2010 LC4, i must admit the size difference for me should be vast I.E LC4 to the monster V8 it is not, in fact it is so much easier with the V8 especially with the cameras all round, i took mine out for over an hour on a test run just to get the feel, the three things i miss on my new V8 tho, one is the under step lights which illuminate when you approach the car in the dark, and the second is the automatic locking as you drive the car away, and third is the seats that store under the floor, i had toyota take those out and fit me a parcel shelf, the boot is huge,  i have spoke to toyota uk and told  them all these things nearly put me off purchasing the V8, whether they took any notice of me will only take time to see, as for the over pricing, you do get a lot of toys and off road ability for your money, plus over the LC4 the finish and the materials used in the V8 are far superior, In my humble opinion the V8 is far superior and so much better to drive than the LC4, i am so glad i made the move, at 56 years old this could be my last car i buy, i mean 20 odd years should not be out of the question for this car.LOL. Cheers.  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 200 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: