Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Many mods on my LC prado 95 sitting on 37" tyres

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raven

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 20:33    Post subject: Many mods on my LC prado 95 sitting on 37" tyres Reply with quote

Check out my modification pics on PINTEREST

https://uk.pinterest.com/spokwa/landcruiser-prado-colorado-95/

Some of my custom mods inc

6"body lift

4"suspension lift( 2" rancho coil and strut lift with 2" strut top spacers and 4" extra on rear coils)

removed and customised body mounts behind front wheels that would foul with the 37" tyres

cut body seams and wheel arches behind front wheels for the above reason

custom twin steering damper to stop any potential wheel wobble

custom twin rear handbrake cable as original single cable with slave wire tend to pull unevenly

massive front mounted intercooler to maximise cold air as apposed to the original top of the engine type

turbo bleed valve set to 13psi from 10psi as standard

EGR blanked off

probably a few other bits i've forgotten and do have a roof rack and ladder to refit and a empty hard spare wheel cover i am customising to fit a door to and use for storing ropes and bits  (not my idea but a lot of artic trucs have this mod as they def cant carry a 44" spare on the back door)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 20:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Sag

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving the mods buddy,motor looks mean.
raven

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 21:36    Post subject: mods on my lc95 Reply with quote

Thanks it took all summer but was well worth it  Cool
matty36

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

what rear springs did you use mate? or was it a full rancho kit? with frront spacers?
raven

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:40    Post subject: rear coil springs Reply with quote

Hello, yes it has a full rancho 2"suspension lift alround including 2" taller rear coil springs.

I had to fit the extra 2" front strut spacers due to only gaining about an inch of front lift once the suspension had settled from a few bumpy drives out.

It now sits fairly level looking from the side with about half inch lower at the front.

cheers James
matty36

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome looking truck. Where did you get the rancho kit from? And how much was it if you don't mind me asking?
raven

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:47    Post subject: Rancho suspension Reply with quote

Hello i got the complete kit from roughtrax4x4.com for about £450 which included having the front coils and shocks assembled by them so i didnt have to worry about trying to compress the coil springs to fit them to the front shocks, came as a complete unit which was so much easier to fit.

I had a quick look and they are doing a monroe kit £450 and a peddlers kit £550 these prices are assembled as mentioned above , they are cheaper if you want to tackle the front shocks and springs yourself.

Couldnt find the rancho stuff but peddlers are a very good quality make.

hope this helps

thanks

James
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: