NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Anyone recommend an exhaust supplier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Garages / Servicing Agents / Mechanics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colaradodavid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:48    Post subject: Anyone recommend an exhaust supplier Reply with quote

I have a 2000 90 series 5 door 3.4 VX and am having a great deal of trouble trying to locate someone who can supply the last two sections of the exhaust. Toyota want £1K for them. None of the high street names seemed to have them or know where I can find them.

Anyone know of any suppliers who might be able to help? I have been searching the internet, tried loads of them but no luck so far except for a custom build.

Thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tailpipe part number 17405-67050 (06/1999 - 08/2002) is the same as a KZN185 Surf, and Milners sell it.
Middle box part number 17420-62270 (06/1999 - 08/2002) I cant find, but it does look similar to the diesel box, so it might be worth getting that and doing a bit of a conversion, or get a bit of pipe and do a straight through system.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
colaradodavid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy. That was basically the suggestion of a very helpful guy from japanese 4x4 spares. He even sent me some photos a customer had sent him that had the same problem. He bought the diesel version and cut the middle pipe down to size. Other than the middle pipe being a bit too long it seems to be pretty much the same system.

If all else fails that's what I'll have to do. Seems like the petrol VXs weren't very popular.
andy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

colaradodavid wrote:
Seems like the petrol VXs weren't very popular.

I think they were, but not in Europe.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
colaradodavid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update on my exhaust in case anyone else has a similar experience.

I finally managed to get both sections of the the exhaust from Online Automotive (can't add URLs yet but search Google, easy to find)

Their part numbers and costs below

EXTY3072 Centre Exhaust Silencer Section 1 £208.16
EXTY6148 Rear Exhaust Silencer Back Box 1 £89.33

Hope it helps someone
colaradodavid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:46    Post subject: Update on Colarado 3.4 VX exhaust Reply with quote

Well now the front section including the cat needs replacing surprise, surprise.

Anyway, after many hours of searching decided to try a custom exhaust shop and found what seems to be a very good garage.

I cant add URLs so the details are:

Longlife Basingstoke
Unit 1 Moniton Trading Estate
Westham Lane
RG22 5EE

Telephone 01256 688562

They supply and fit custom made stainless steel exhausts. The guy there, Matt, was very helpful, didn't try and sell me the whole system, said he was more than happy to just supply the parts from the manifold to the new sections I had already had fitted. Looks like a really good job and as its a performance exhaust even comes with a bit of a growl for free.

The whole job was 450, pricy but its all stainless steel and not much more than the rear sections that I had already had fitted and it included the CAT.

He also fixed a water leak for free.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Garages / Servicing Agents / Mechanics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: