Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Modification Advice for New Owner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
earln01

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:00    Post subject: Modification Advice for New Owner Reply with quote

I am the proud new owner of a Dark Grey AWD 2003 Land Cruiser. I am looking to do some more off roading and add sort of a desert feel to my car while keeping the natural land cruiser look that I love. I am thinking a new roof rack, all-terrains, a bull bar with off road headlights mounted and a rear tire holder. If anyone has advice about what products to buy to achieve this goal or other modifications I should consider that would be great.
Also if anyone is looking to sell any of these products used that would be great. Looking to save money wherever I can!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

cojic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:20    Post subject: Modification Advice for New Owner Reply with quote

I replaced my 2003 LC5 with a newer LC150 about a year ago and was sad to see the "The Beast" go but I was more into looks for normal road use than off roading. I went to Shark Accessories Ltd (.carbullbar.co.uk) for  my bull bar and side pipes ending up with my vehicle similar to the one in their picture of the LC120 with the Smile bullbar. It made it a very distinctive vehicle in an area where there were a number of Land cruisers. If you plan to add a winch to the front then this lower bull bar would be below the winch and clear the wire etc..

There are plenty of mod's out there that you can add to your vehicle - money will be a deciding factor but there may be some deals around.

As you say you have  a 2003 lc120 model, if your one has a sun roof check under the glass seals for rust as this is an area prone to holding water and once it goes you'll end up getting a cold shower in the mornings as you throw the vehicle into corners!

I still have the bull bar and side pipes if interested?

Cojic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: