Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

120 new owner now considering mods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pooface

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 15:35    Post subject: 120 new owner now considering mods Reply with quote

Ok, I've had my new to me 2006 LC5 120 for a couple of weeks now  - after driving a people carrier around for a year - and there are quite a few subtle improvements over my last prado (1996).
However there are some things I think it is lacking and some things I'd like to improve upon and would love some advice please...

1 - I miss the auto headlights function I had on my previous car that came on when the outside light dropped below a certain level. Not a huge thing, but I got so used to this that I am occasionally a little lax on remembering to switch my lights on (i.e. tend to do it only when I notice it's getting dark, whereas my previous car would switch them on well before I needed them)

2 - my lights are good, but the lights on my previous car were xenons and far better. Can I just swap out xenon bulbs for my existing ones and will the headlight unit cope with the extra heat (is there extra heat?! Im assuming there is...) or do I need to replace the headlight assemblies? Can I get newer looking headlight assemblies for my 120?

3 - LED lights for the rear lights and indicators? Is this viable?

4 - headlight washer. There are blanks where this is obviously an option, but I cannot for the life of me find out where I would get an aftermarket set. A couple of muddy treks and my headlights were plastered. It would have been nice to use the washer system to clear them instead of using the picnic blanket (which was all I had to hand!!)

5 - Wing mirror auto retract / open. On my previous car, the wing mirrors would open when you start the car and close again when you shut it off. I would like to find a away to do this if possible

6 - Sat Nav update. Can I swap out my current one for a newer version? the maps are really old and the display is quite primitive though the touchscreen is quite good. If it's not possible to update the entire sat nav, is it possible to update the maps? I cannot see a way to do this

Any help would be gratefully received.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 15:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: