2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Suspension advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 60 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigjw

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 17:09    Post subject: Suspension advice Reply with quote

Does anyone have any advice on lift kits for the 60/61?

Ive done a bit of ringing about and it seems OME have the better reputation, Ironman seem to have good reviews, SOR spector off road do a version (USA)
Anyone here got a lift kit or managed to save a few pennies buying it from some ..... secret place ? Smile

£1347.00 seems an awful lot of money for 2'' on a truck thats so old.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 17:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

roscoFJ73

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dobinsons are also good,probably the most popular in oz.  
They certainly slip into you with the prices. The 4 leaf packs go for under $800 in oz.

I saved a lot of money by buying the parts separate,seems strange,but sometimes those complete packages are not as good as they sound.

OME havent made their own springs for a long time,they just farm it out to anyone who can do it at their price.
Holden Commodore V6
YAMAHA TT600R Belgarda
Triumph Rocket3 08 with Jardines and Tuneboy Wink
Honda XR650L
1988 HJ61 turbo diesel with windas that slide Wink  Sad
earthman2020

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting
bigjw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:42    Post subject: Suspension and other bits Reply with quote

Thanks Rosco,

I still havent bought a kit yet, ive spent so much time doing the bodywork, at least its all straight now.
Lots of welding and filler etc etc.

We definately get ripped off over here, ive also noticed the aussies still have tons of parts that just werent available here.
Bonnet deflectors, window wind deflectors, external roof sun visors alsorts of goodies on Aussie e bay.

Shame no-one will post to me though Sad

Spector do some stuff but none of the above.
roscoFJ73

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 0:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM me a list and Ill see if I can find someone who does overseas shipping from here. I know some wreckers who sell new and used parts and will ship o/seas but they are not on e bay.

I had never heard of Weston super Mare,had to google that one Laughing
Is that where they have a rescue squad in a snow buggy for those that get stuck in the mud?
Holden Commodore V6
YAMAHA TT600R Belgarda
Triumph Rocket3 08 with Jardines and Tuneboy Wink
Honda XR650L
1988 HJ61 turbo diesel with windas that slide Wink  Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 60 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: