All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

LHD convert to RHD.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 60 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Derrick

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:40    Post subject: LHD convert to RHD. Reply with quote

Hi All.

It would be very helpful if someone would be able to advise me on an unusual situation. Question

I live in Mozambique. I found a Diesel Series 60 in great condition, in South Africa, after a long search.
The hastle is this vehicle is/was still registered in France and the vehicle is a left hand drive(which is not accepted in SA or Moz').
I have traced the original owner and will be receiving the original papers shortly, but i need to rectify the LHD to RHD.
Given the above the easy way out would be to walk away, but i could not bare the thought of this old girl being chopped up and used as a game viewing vehicle. Sad
Could someone get in touch with me about the conversion.
This Cruiser like many others has driven across Africa and I would hate to see it go to waist. Crying or Very sad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:40    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

priffe

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the waist? Smile

Nah, we could swap parts - I buy a mint RHD from Japan and we both convert.
Automatic is easier than manual.
Only shipping left to figure out.  Very Happy
roscoFJ73

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 4:07    Post subject: Re: LHD convert to RHD. Reply with quote

Derrick wrote:
Hi All.

It would be very helpful if someone would be able to advise me on an unusual situation. Question

I live in Mozambique. I found a Diesel Series 60 in great condition, in South Africa, after a long search.
The hastle is this vehicle is/was still registered in France and the vehicle is a left hand drive(which is not accepted in SA or Moz').
I have traced the original owner and will be receiving the original papers shortly, but i need to rectify the LHD to RHD.
Given the above the easy way out would be to walk away, but i could not bare the thought of this old girl being chopped up and used as a game viewing vehicle. Sad
Could someone get in touch with me about the conversion.
This Cruiser like many others has driven across Africa and I would hate to see it go to waist. Crying or Very sad

You are going to need a RH donor vehicle as a minimum. Its a big job ,it all depends if you have the time and patience and whether its really worth it financially.
It may seem a waste to see it chopped up,but getting emotionally involved in a hunk of metal is your 1st mistake,so if its not economically viable,ditch it ASAP.
The other option would be to drive it to a country with LH drive and offload it there.
Holden Commodore V6
YAMAHA TT600R Belgarda
Triumph Rocket3 08 with Jardines and Tuneboy Wink
Honda XR650L
1988 HJ61 turbo diesel with windas that slide Wink  Sad
Derrick

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that.
I wrongly assumed that it would not be such a mission(positiveness sucks sometimes) Smile
Fortunately I have not bought it yet. I don't blindly buy things. Arrow
cjard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the authority asks to see pictures, photoshop them to flip left-right before you email them Smile
Benny

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 16:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think LHD is much better then RHD but it depend on you what type of light you want to will fix at car.You are going to need a RH donor vehicle as a minimum. Its a big job ,it all depends if you have the time and patience and whether its really worth it financially.
Jeff in Spain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 1985 HJ60 4ltr diesel automatic with 105,000 miles RHD that I was thinking of selling, the car is in southern Spain, if anyone is interested I'll take photos and email them.

Regards.......Jeff.
cartonj

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff in Spain wrote:
I have a 1985 HJ60 4ltr diesel automatic with 105,000 miles RHD that I was thinking of selling, the car is in southern Spain, if anyone is interested I'll take photos and email them.

Regards.......Jeff.

Hi Jeff, I PM'd you. I would be interested if the HJ is still available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 60 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: