4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

lj78 1992 2.4 turbo diesel fuel comsumption

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumpy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 19:35    Post subject: lj78 1992 2.4 turbo diesel fuel comsumption Reply with quote

hi, does anybody know the mpg for the 1992 2.4 turbo diesel auto cruiser,as mine seems to use a hell of a lot of fuel, cheers, lumpy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 19:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

mr chris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Birmingham

Last edited by mr chris on Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:40; edited 1 time in total
mr chris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya Lumpy,

I have a  2.4 prado 1992 efi and I am getting around 25 mpg.  The car is tuned to perfection having just had a reconditiond engine ECU and fuel pump  Exclamation
That's with doing extreemly carefull driving during the run in period of 500 miles.  The car is running even better since the run in period now  Very Happy
I just filled up with diesel @ 587km odeometer reading, £0.89/litre £40 worth.  Will post my results for mpg  when I need to refill.  Question

Chris

Birmingham
mike t

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, fuel consumption on the old LJ78! Well, I had one of those and the best I ever managed was 25 on a run but around the doors it hardly ever went over 20. Pulling a caravan I got about 16-18.Cracking vehicle though, excellent build quality, versitile and great in the snow.Got a TX 3.0 prado now and its a different world.Best of luck with it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: