2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Review 4mths ownership and 6k mls

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dannyson

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - good - but for me I think I'll ask Mr T to do this (re-grease) at next service (May - I think).  It should probably have been done as part of a  service schedule ..... otherwise why would the grease nipples be there?  I doubt they bother though.... Rolling Eyes   I've no faith in Mr T doing it right (like most main dealers of whatever manufacture) .... but as I'm under extended warranty I think it insists on service being carried out by main dealer.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 23:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a 2nd grease, and knocking's all gone, smooth as silk.

I'd buy a gun and grease it now rather than wait till May, as you say, no guarantee they'll do it, it wasn't done on mine either.

I can send some pics if required.
dannyson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some pics would be good! - what type of grease please?
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just general purpose lube/grease cartridges for the grease gun.

I'll try and find some time this weekend to send some pic's to which the earlier instructions relate to.
dannyson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 0:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shows how long a go I used a grease gun! - I didn't know they came with cartridges now - the old one I used to use you had to 'spoon' the grease out of the tin into the gun - a right messy job. Rolling Eyes   Any reccomendations on the gun? - from Amazon/Halfords? - looking forward to the pics... Smile
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dannyson, Apols but I've been pretty busy and not yet managed to get round to this.

But noticed on your other post Mr T completed, has it fixed it for you ?
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside routine servicing, new discs and pads on all 4 corners @ 45K mls
dannyson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

14 all and all ..... glad your machine is working OK ...... mine still tail shift clunks from time to time ... live with it and try to anticipate and then compensate when it may do it so .......  Looked at a new Landcruiser yesterday whilst getting some tyres changed for the wifes hybrid Auris.  Nice big mud flaps and larger LANDCRUISER sign on the back .... but £46,000 plus  Shocked - no way...!! - plus what about what Jeremy thinks about it!!  ...  Rolling Eyes  Crying or Very sad  Wink
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have their peculiarities, but I could not do what I do, with anything else, other than one of those 1 ton pickup things.

As for Jeremy, who cares, I don't, I know what I know, and like what I like  Very Happy

One your mudflaps, I thought the other day, if you want me to send my removed ones down to you, for you to compare could absolutely like for like, and whether you could make them fit ? As if you get them to fit, then you to could also fit a pair like me.

I know what it's like, those niggles, just keep niggling.

I like my 150, the 200 series does get a glance, but it's huge ! and to heavy for my 4 post ramp in anycase.

I hope they put a V6 diesel in the next 150.
dannyson

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 0:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

14 and all .... I've sent you a pm.....
CJM625

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

The door locking / unlocking is in a slightly hidden menu, simply press the page button on the right hand side of the steering wheel for 5 secs and it will appear.

120 Invincible Grey with Grey

150 Invincible Black with Beige
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try once I get it back from Toyota end this week, I find it a bit of a pain.

For all's info, this week the gearbox selector switch failed, symptoms were not showing D for drive on the dash, wouldn't go into the overdrive gear ~3000rpm @ 60mph, and the dash lit up like a Xmas tree, engine light, anti skid, diff lock etc etc.

Failed about a month ago, but sorted itself overnight, but now failed completely, began with a noticeable difference in the movement of the gear selector, wouldn't go "home" properly into its selected position etc.

Anycase, Toyota's 5yr warranty steps in, 1st warranty repair for this vehicle, looking forward to getting it back.
dannyson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 0:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooeerrr?! - not read anything about such a failure that I can find on the Australian website (Pradopoint) .... and there are many hundreds of entries about almost everything on the 150.....! - unlike this forum which is very very quiet by comparison.  Good your still in warranty ... mine only came with the 3 year one (Oct 2009 model) - got an extended warranty with someone else - hope never to have to try and use it!  Hope all is well when you get it back - and its strange re doors locking on drive off ..... this never happened with mine...
CJM625

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a feature you can program by the page button on the steering wheel, if you press and hold it for 5 secs it brings up a hidden menu for the auto door locking, lights and a few other bits.

120 Invincible Grey with Grey

150 Invincible Black with Beige
dannyson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK CJM - got that thanks - might have a look - but been OK with what its been doing for the past 4 years or so... :-} ... so far anyway .....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: