2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Amazon VX alarm

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boatman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 17:08    Post subject: Amazon VX alarm Reply with quote

Last night, the alarm on my 1999 Amaxon VX 4.2td kept going off.  Anyone know how it's triggered?  Is there something which sets it off if the car is shaken, for example?  It was lashing down with rain and blowing a hooley, but all doors and tailgate were secure and there was no sign of anyone attempting entry.

Sincere apologies to all my sleepless neighbours  Embarassed
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 17:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

The Silver Bear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be a common fault.  Mine goes off at the strangest times.  Bad weather occasionally, but also whilst in Portugal in the summer where I figured it might be to with the heat/air movement inside the vehicle as the temperature outside changed. On one occasion I did notice that the small storage compartment in the overhead console had opened and I wondered whether this had caused  the movement sensors inside to trigger? I put the opening of the compartment down to expansion of the plastic in the heat. To be honest, there seems to be no obvious and consistent explanation.
Boatman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Silver Bear.  This is the first time it's happened to me in >3 yrs ownership.  Can't see any movement sensors in the interior of mine - do you know where they are if they're fitted?

Just got hold of Toyota dealer.  They say there's a vehicle movement sensor (must be intended to go off only if something crashes into the car as I can't trigger it by jumping on the bumper or steps!!).  They also said if you lock the car manually with the key it doesn't set the alarm, so I will try this if it happens again.
Gensetsteve

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine goes off with out rhym or reason has done since owning it 18 months.When in the garage at home I lock it with key in door. Asked main dealer got the usual reply book it in at £78 p hour could take a long time. Yes they do have a movement sensor but its a secret where it is and yes you guessed it book it in at £78 p hour......

Would love to know more if anyone has sorted theirs out
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 16:23    Post subject: sensor Reply with quote

yes i have the same problem ..it goes off at 3-4 am
The sensor adjustment i believe is in the centre console bottom of the auto/gear shift stick   or so i'm led to believe  happy hunting and post a cure if you find one ..thanks
joinerman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things like flys & spiders can trigger the alarm, mine goes off for no reason, always in the night never during the day!!! also mines more prone to going off when it's windy, once again always at night, must be a different sort of wind during the day, to set my alarm with the fob normaly one press of the button is all that's needed however by pressing the button twice this disables the interior sensors.

Joinerman
Gensetsteve

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine goes off without reason it could be a windy night and it wont. Still night and it will. But one thing is for sure it will go off several times in 24hrs. Setting it without interior sensors makes no difference but it could be a oversensitive vibration sensor. I was thinking of removing door switches and cleaning incase one has corrosion or resistance.
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 15:23    Post subject: alarm Reply with quote

mine seems ok for the moment i parked it a little closer to the caravan so maybe it's wind .. i also noted that the rear door courtesy swiches were a little off centre in the rubber corverings and  straighted them to the centre  it's worth a look and check ..post back if yours were the same ..
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

well mine has not gone off in 4 days now  so maybe i sussed it .. just watch it go off tonight to shame me on posting my glee ..  grrrrrr
Gensetsteve

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushburywolf wrote:
well mine has not gone off in 4 days now  so maybe i sussed it .. just watch it go off tonight to shame me on posting my glee ..  grrrrrr

I havent looked at switches yet but I have used alarm alot in the last few weeks and it has not gone off in my absence. You can tell if its gone off while away when you use fob to unlock,  the indicators will flash three times if its gone off.
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

awwwww  *beep*..   not sussed it at all  Mad ..so  
i just lock the door now ..it's very windy tonight ..it went off 3 times and reset itself last night .. Crying or Very sad  grrrr ..
bungle1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 14:19    Post subject: Amazon VX Alarm Reply with quote

Hi there everybody,

I put a topic up the other day regards lurking behind the Radio/Heater switch panel. On removing my panel I found a couple of loose wires(White & Black) approx 6ins long connected to a loom by a white plug. After hunting around on the back of the panel itself I found a black plastic disc appox. 1in.dia stuck to the top of the heater switch panel by a sponge type disc on prizing the disc from the panel it became apparent that the two wires had been pulled from a sensor that is encased in a small rubber tube that was within the plastic disc.(sorry about this but its the only way I can explain it)  Anyway the problem has now began. What does it do???? I believed it to be a climate control sensor, but can Toyota's confirm this?. No. I sat with a parts person at my local dealship for about half an hour scrolling through their computer but to no avail.  It has now been suggested that the sensor may have something to do with the alarm system, but the alarm system is not manufactured by Toyota, so who do you ask? It may be true. I often leave my two Springer Spaniels locked in the car and at no time have they ever set off the alarm, but lock the car by remote, then unlock it by key, open a door and it certainly goes of then. I have my little problem in hand. If it transpires that this is part of the alarm system I will certainly let you know.

Bungle1
bungle1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 14:25    Post subject: Amazon VX Alarm Reply with quote

Me again,
Just to let you know that mine alarm has never ever gone of unless I have done it as a check?????????????????

Bungle1
Gensetsteve

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 18:10    Post subject: Re: Amazon VX Alarm Reply with quote

bungle1 wrote:
Me again,
Just to let you know that mine alarm has never ever gone of unless I have done it as a check?????????????????

Bungle1

You must live in a nice area Laughing
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

according to the wiring diagram of the cluster the white and black wires are earths ..one to the oil level sensor and another to the fuel sender
and
on the heater section the wires are for rear heater fan switch or the heater fan switch and thermistor but they are most definately earth wires ..i believe this is the section you want .. hope this helps you bungle ..ps how's zippy these days  ..  Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: