2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Is there a national rally ?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Club events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonand

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 20:26    Post subject: Is there a national rally ? Reply with quote

Being a newbie, I'm just trying to find out what events are available, and I'm particularly keen to find out if there is such a thing as a 'national LC rally' or similar.

Thanks
Jon
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 20:26    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jonand

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:32    Post subject: Re: Is there a national rally ? Reply with quote

jonand wrote:
Being a newbie, I'm just trying to find out what events are available, and I'm particularly keen to find out if there is such a thing as a 'national LC rally' or similar.

Thanks
Jon

I'll take that as a no then   Crying or Very sad

Are there any all marque jap 4x4 national shows then ?
Supra,Sean

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 13:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon its a very quiet Board mate compared to others  Crying or Very sad
Moses

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon,

If there is a National Japanese 4x4 event, keep an eye on the events section on one of our sister club sites... www.pocuk.com . They now have over 12000 members and date/places for 4x4 events usually turn up on there first. Laughing The Japanese Extravaganza is usually held in the Summer.

Trev
Sat Nav Free Zone
jonand

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK thanks guys

Jon
London luke

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 0:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

something going on  I think the 19th feb. Donnington?? Big 4x4 meeting/show. will get the full facts and post them
Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 19:49    Post subject: Re: Is there a national rally ? Reply with quote

jonand wrote:

Thanks
Jon

Clearly there is no National LC Rally but how about organising something between ourselves  Question

I have organised a few meetings for the Nissan 350Z owners club and would help out here. So how about people getting together? We don't need anything grand just a meeting at a decent pub for lunch and maybe a short drive around some decent countryside. It would be good to meet a few of you from this forum.

If anyone is interested in meeting me then please get up to the Imperial War Museum airfield at Duxford Cambridgeshire, just beside the M11, on Sunday 27th May. I am there with my old club friends for the regional meeting of the 350Z owners club. This is a joint meeting with the local Jaguar guys too Very Happy We intend to get there from 10:30am onwards. Please come along and say hello  Smile Yes, I will be there in the LC  Very Happy
Mal.Eade

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 17:47    Post subject: National meeting Reply with quote

I Agree a National meet would be good just need someone to take it on and get it all together.

I also have a land-rover V8 disco for off roading and go to a few meetings and shows each year and they are great fun and you can gain a lot of good info as well.

So come on Toyota Land-cruiser Owners Club Get to it.   You have some interest on here for the none armchair brigade.
Mal.Eade

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 17:53    Post subject: A National Meeting Again (That old Chestnut) Reply with quote

If TLOC Emailed all the members to see what intrest there would be.

It could be tagged on to another 4x4 show just take up some space on a field.

There are plenty of 4x4 meetings/Shows about in the Summer

I take it that the TLOC have quite a list of members who could be emailed or is it just down to posting on here.
Paul_Humphreys

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Jap 'n' Jeep' : http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4699

Paul

http://www.crag-uk.org
http://www.4x4responsewales.org
tlocuk
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 13:01    Post subject: Re: National meeting Reply with quote

Mal.Eade wrote:
I Agree a National meet would be good just need someone to take it on and get it all together.

That's the thing!

Any volunteers? dontknow

How about a stand at the JAE even?

Simon

tlocuk
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 13:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can do a mail-out Wink

Simon Cool

jvoelcker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 14:16    Post subject: Re: National meeting Reply with quote

Mal.Eade wrote:

It's a nice idea, but a lot of hard work for very little reward.

I organised the last couple of weekend events at Lincomb and play days on Salisbury plain and had around 20 vehicles at Lincomb and 35 at Salisbury.  I could probably double or triple that through a little PR, but you would never get the numbers that you are likely to see at a LR meeting.

Unfortunately it is a bit of a numbers game - you need the numbers to make it worthwhile for traders to come along, then you also have the cost of the facilities, insurances, etc.

I had a long chat with the chap that used to run the Jeepfest weekends and ISTR recall you need at least 200 vehicles attending to make it worthwhile and for that you would be looking at around £15k base costs, and that doesn't include the organiser's time.

Julian
1994 HDJ80, with loads of mods without looking too obscene Smile
1997 KZJ95 - Gilly's - plain black and muddy on BFG ATs.

Last edited by jvoelcker on Wed Feb 18, 2009 15:26; edited 1 time in total
tlocuk
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 14:41    Post subject: Re: National meeting Reply with quote

jvoelcker wrote:
... ISTR recall you need at least 200 vehicles attending to make it worthwhile and for that you would be looking at around £15k base costs, and that doesn't include the organiser's time.

Which is why, in the first instance, it might be better to get involved with one of the regular national events, such as JAE, Berkshire 4x4 Show, British Indoor 4x4 Show 2009 etc ...

All the up-front hard work, organisation and costs are already taken care of!

Simon dontknow

Big-Andy
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds a great idea - It has also been suggested on other forums that I visit that there maybe ought to be a 4X4 show which is open to all makes - (jap,yank,brit etc.etc). Surely there's enough interest from a multi make show to make it worth it -
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Club events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: