NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

What does this button do? 2006 Invincible

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muckle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:00    Post subject: What does this button do? 2006 Invincible Reply with quote

Hi folks,

Well we have been happily using our 2006 Invincible for about 6 months now and I figured it was high time I worked out what all the buttons do.

The one that has me stumped can be seen in the pic in the link below. It is the one just below the "2nd Start" button on the lower left hand sinde of the steering wheel.

http://www.automobilesreview.com/gallery/2007-toyota-land-cruiser-invincible/2007-toyota-land-cruiser-invincible-16.jpg

It has a green light in it and nothing seems to happen when you press it.

Car runs fine, just kind of want to know what the button does!

Any ideas?

Suspect I may be in for a right toasting for this but hey - had a look in the manual and I did not find an answer.

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Stuart J

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Muckle, this disables the front ‘something is near’ sensors and stops the constant beeping noise – you press it for about a second and it stops the beeping as you approach something. It resets and starts again when you re-press or switch off / on again. Useful in those rare circumstances when you park nose in near a wall, want to leave the engine running and decide to make a mobile call.........

I would like a similar function on the reversing sensors to stop the noise when reversing with a trailer, but there doesn't seem to be an equivalent on reverse.
marlot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's the button to turn off the front parking sensors temporarily.  Press and hold for a second or two.  Mine's in a slightly different place (I think the parking sensors were fitted in the UK when the cars arrived).

There is an on/off switch for the rear sensors - on mine it is in a cubby hole on the left hand side looking into the boot.  You may have to feel around for it - on mine it isn't visible easily.
Muckle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 13:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bingo!

Brilliant - thanks guys. Not only is that very useful but it is also good to know that I have not semi destroyed the engine because I did or did not press the button at critical moments!

Off to park next to a wall and then press the button.

Cheers
M
SmallTime

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wondering that for the last 8 years! Never remembered to ever look it up. Having said that I've never heard a bleep in by vehicle even when I park the front near a wall. Maybe it never worked in the first place. But still nice to know at long last.

Nice question.
Muckle

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry folks - wrong thread! See other thread I have running.
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your 120 is not a lc4 with a power chip , it is a lc5 plus , that button is for turning off the parking sensors when parked up with the engine running or key in the acc  position 😃
Juddian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a similar switch to some maker fitted LPG conversions on petrol engines, running on petrol the switch would be red turning to green once gas takes over either by choice or automatically when up to temp, aftermarket conversions work the same but usually have a row of leds beside the switch to show the gas level remaining, some maker (importer) fitted systems used the normal fuel gauge when switched over to gas.
VR6badger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really good to know!

When I drove up a local greenlane to test out our new to us LC 120, every bush, branch or blade of grass was setting off the constant bleeping.

Now I just need to figure out why the rear parking sensors constanly flatline when I select reverse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: