NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Hub seals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 60 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tom1976

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 18:39    Post subject: Hub seals Reply with quote

Hi
I've got an HJ62. I've had the hub seals replaced but was advised that the swivels were pretty pitted and the seals might start leaking again. This has happened!
I'm told that you can't just replace the swivels and whole new axle would be needed. Frankly this wouldn't be worth while on my cruiser. Can I get around this by simply filling the hubs with grease instead? This worked on a Discovery I had, but unsure with the Toyota. Any opinions??
Cheers. Tom
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 18:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

PURDY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a similar problem with my hub seals, got a swivel housing and hub seal kit from milners, whilst apart cleaned up everything and using wet and dry, rubbed the swivels down to take out the pitting.A year later and no leaks, got this idea off some American Landcruiser web site, ive even heard that after sanding you can paint the swivels. I think landrovers changed to the toyota system,although their still slow and break down! Hope this helps.
devonoak

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

the cvs should be grease filled anyway, not oil; as i've said elsewhere, felt won't keep oil in. if you look in the owners handbook (if it hasn't been eat
en by rats yet) it will say put in grease
 tom
rodger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got HJ60 axles on my BJ40. Did a front axle rebuild and polished the pitting out with wet&dry. No leaks. It works.

Rodger
BJ40 with HJ60 running gear
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 60 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: