4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

My "new" 1992 Prado sx 2.4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
London luke

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 22:10    Post subject: My "new" 1992 Prado sx 2.4 Reply with quote

picking up tomorrow.

I am happy with the condition it looks and drives well.

I think within a few weeks I will buy some new tyres for it. Mainly road use but wouldnt mind some traction in snow and some mild "green lane " stuff.

any ideas on good makes and rough prices. Might have to buy S/H but from a good tyre place that checks them well.

Also need to fit a large roofrack. and remove the "dickie" seats to add more space in rear for equipment.

what are the main things to look out for on this model??  and can that ESG blanking plate thingy that every body talks about be fitted to stop the exhaust fumes from been sucked backed into the engine??

lastly !! who is a good but cheap mechanic that KNOWS these vehicles near N. London

thanks

Luke
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 22:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

mr chris

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that egr thing can be blanked off with ease!  Laughing  You only have to remove 4 nuts take off the pipe make a blanking plate same size as hole stick some exhaust sealer around it to seal it obviously and bolt it all back up again should take you around 1 hour.  You only need to do one end and the top seems easiest.  What a hideous idea to shove shlt back into the engine that's why I blanked mine off.  My engine has just been rebuilt so it didn't make an enourmous difference but you can definately tell it's got more power now.

Chris.

Birmingham
London luke

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

still trying to locate it !!
mr chris

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try having a look at this.    http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/egr.htm

As your standing on the near side of the car the passenger side on your right hand side is the fuel filter.  If you put your right arm against the fuel filter and extend it out as if your doing a karate chop towards the cylinder block you should see the egr pipe. Part number 25624 on the tech picture, It looks like a small exhaust pipe it has two nuts holding it in position there at the top and the pipe is quite short which goes towards the front of the engine and has 2 nuts holding in position there too.  Just remove these nuts and you should find it easily pulls off and away from the block.  I just made a blanking plate for the top of the pipe and sealed it off with exhaust paste top and bottom.  You don't have to do anything else.
At the bottom of the tech site page click on the links you will see quite a bit of extra information there too.

hope this helps

Chris.

Birmingham
London luke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers !! will do it next week (well subject to weather, seems like big snow is coming again??)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: