Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Can you upgrade an LC5 touch screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michaelo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:47    Post subject: Can you upgrade an LC5 touch screen Reply with quote

Hi there

I have a 120 SWB with the LC5 integrated touch screen. From reading some of the posts here, it seems it is difficult to upgrade that system to a later system. (GPS, reversing camera, bluetooth etc)

As mine is a Japanese import (and all in Japanese) I am looking to convert my unit.

Does anyone know if there is an LC5 aftermarket compatable unit  or a unit from a later toyota of some sort) that has all the bells and whistles

Sounds like  my best option would be find someone who is breaking an LC5 and get the unit and console. At least it would be in english!

Thanks for any advise or help

Michael
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:47    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jmcqup

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 13:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Micahel, Did you find a solution? I am now looking for the same. best, -james
michaelo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

no I did not James.

At the moment I hope to find a wrecker in the UK and get an english language unit and dash. Not goign to upgrade beyond that.

I did find some info on a russian site that does an upgrade, but it was not the way i wanted to go
jmcqup

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to share that I've ordered and will shortly received this one:
https://androidautoshop.com/toyota/181-1372-toyota-prado-land-cruiser-120-tesla-104-touch-screen-android-60-2gb-64gb-entertainment-system.html#/26-map-europe

If it work, will post back the udpate.  Apparently used extensively in Norway for the same LC5 type model.

best,

-james
jmcqup

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:03    Post subject: Android Radio Installed on LC5! Reply with quote

Success! I managed to install this radio, replacing the OEM and maintaining AC controls. Not for the feint of heart as I needed to remove a 'Parrot' that cut into the amplifier and go through a few rounds with the supplier until settling on a strange but successful software update that made the system work. Fits cleaning in the dash and provides a massive screen for navigation and the like. While it takes 30-45 seconds to load on starting, works like an android tablet. An option I think for those with smashed display screens or those looking for up 'upgrade'. best, james

jmcqup wrote:
Just to share that I've ordered and will shortly received this one:
https://androidautoshop.com/toyota/181-1372-toyota-prado-land-cruiser-120-tesla-104-touch-screen-android-60-2gb-64gb-entertainment-system.html#/26-map-europe

If it work, will post back the udpate.  Apparently used extensively in Norway for the same LC5 type model.
Timbo999

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks really interesting- my lc5 could do with this! How difficult was it to get the updates installed? Also, do you still have fm radio?
Sree

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 15:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

if anyone still looking to upgrade lc5  there is another way apart from tesla style tablet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ahDRBvW7NI
Elanman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 14:18    Post subject: Radio and Sat-Nav Upgrade Reply with quote

Hi,
Although I own a SWB Colli. I am now the owner of a V6 LC120 2003 with 50k only on the clock and no rust.
The sat nav etc is way out of date I have managed to upgrade the disk to 2012 but the interface is hopeless thus I would like to upgrade. There is a little bit on the forums what there is is out of date.
I found this
https://www.canavie.com/16-tesla-style-android-multimedia-car-stereo-radio-audio-dvd-gps-navigation-head-unit-sat-nav-infotainment-toyota-land-cruiser-prado-2018-2019-2020-p2380032.html
Has anybody tried to use one of these to upgrade?
would appreciate any help.
Bob
Sree

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 14:43    Post subject: Re: Radio and Sat-Nav Upgrade Reply with quote

[quote="Elanman"]Hi,
Although I own a SWB Colli. I am now the owner of a V6 LC120 2003 with 50k only on the clock and no rust.
The sat nav etc is way out of date I have managed to upgrade the disk to 2012 but the interface is hopeless thus I would like to upgrade. There is a little bit on the forums what there is is out of date.
I found this
https://www.canavie.com/16-tesla-style-android-multimedia-car-stereo-radio-audio-dvd-gps-navigation-head-unit-sat-nav-infotainment-toyota-land-cruiser-prado-2018-2019-2020-p2380032.html
Has anybody tried to use one of these to upgrade?
would appreciate any help.
Bob[/quote
The unit  in the above  link  is not suitable  for lc120,  but there  is a newer  model 10.4" vertical  units  with android  9,  apple car play and android  auto  is available  for 120 model lc5 cost  will be around  £600 including  postage and import tax.but it has all features.
Elanman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 20:08    Post subject: Radios and Sat-Nav Upgrade Reply with quote

Hi
Thanks for the prompt reply, I contacted the suppliers and they recommend this unit
https://www.canavie.com/104-tesla-style-android-car-multimedia-stereo-radio-audio-dvd-gps-navigation-sat-nav-head-unit-toyota-land-cruiser-prado-120-2002-2003-2004-2005-2006-2007-2008-2009-p2135412.html
Is this the unit you are refering too ?
Sree

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes ,the above unit is the one , there are lots of suppliers make sure you get the latest android and fast boot version.
stonecutter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 23:49    Post subject: Head Unit replacement Reply with quote

Hi Guys, just wondered if anyone has upgraded their head unit recently?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: