NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

cruiser running on veg oil???or bio diesel???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GAZZA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:37    Post subject: cruiser running on veg oil???or bio diesel??? Reply with quote

does anyone have any experience of running a landcruiser or any other diesel on svo(straight vegetable oil)ive been looking at conversion kits similar to lpg/petrol conversions but i am a bit worried as i dont want to compromise reliability and the car is used for towing and regular 600 mile trips.Or bio diesel (mix of oil ,diesel and other chemicals)apparently?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Ian-P

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've converted mine to run on SVO. It runs on veggie oil no problem, but I have a twin tank system, and I think I paid too much for the kit. I'm away until Sun pm, and if you want more info, pm me, and I'll contact you when I get home.

Regards, Ian.
Yota

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a web site dedicated to veg oil and they will be able to advise you and can offer various set ups, one tank and two tank systems for SVO or PPO (pure plant oil) as they call it.

I have been running my lLandcruiser on vegetable diesel for six months. But this is properly processed vegetable oil from a vegetable diesel production company. The Landcruiser go's much better on it than on ordinary diesel. So far as Svo go's, a couple of things I know that you have to be careful of is what type of injetion pump you have. Firstly whether it can handle the pressure of pumping the extra viscocity of the vegetable oil, some pumps have an eccentric cylinder which kind of squashes the fuel through the pump, if the drive shaft is not up to it, it can shere. This is true of some transit vans for instance. Secondly there is an issue with some pumps of getting enough lubrication.

I think the rest is down to engine type and whether it can cope with running on SVO from start up or needs a two tank system, starting on diesel until up to temperature and then switching over or if it can only run on a mix of vegetable oil and diesel.

Anyway, all you questions can be answered by the guys at bloomingfutures.com just put blooming futures into google and it should come up and they're pretty good at rplying too.

Good luck

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: