2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Help finding spares for my FJ75 pick up, please?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 70 Series / Prado / Troopie / Bundera Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
denkar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 19:54    Post subject: Help finding spares for my FJ75 pick up, please? Reply with quote

Hi all,
I am trying to source an exhaust system for my unit, box has fallen to pieces.
I have tried going through the Toyota main dealer in Edinburgh and after giving them all the info, I am not having any luck.
Cheers,
Dennis
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 19:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

roscoFJ73

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dennis. The FJ75 was only sold in Australia and the ME in big numbers so that is where all the parts are.

However the FJ75 exhaust is fairly simple as it runs down the left hand side and does not swap over like the diesels.

I would go to an exhaust shop that can bend their own tube. No one here buys exhaust from toyota as their prices are about $1000 compared to my exhaust shop which does them for under $400.

Another option is to use a FJ60 exhaust .It would not be a perfect fit and would need some lengthening/shorteniing in some spots
Holden Commodore V6
YAMAHA TT600R Belgarda
Triumph Rocket3 08 with Jardines and Tuneboy Wink
Honda XR650L
1988 HJ61 turbo diesel with windas that slide Wink  Sad
denkar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate,
I have been getting smaller stuff sent over from back home (Perth) but reckon the postage would kill me on this, lol.
I only really need the rear section with the box and tail pipe, so will try and source an FJ60 one over here, the tail pipe is OK so I can weld that back.
Once again, thanks for your help.
Dennis
denkar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still not been able to locate anything here, call a Toyota Main Dealer and all I get is a run a round, the last one wanted me to photograph the compliance plate because they could not match the details I gave them!!!
Thanks for your input, Rosco, this place is not the same as back home, can't find anyone around here that can even supply a universal muffler, let alone bend a pipe.
devonoak

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

just go to a tyre place and go through the scrap bins till you get a couple of choice sections; weld em together and bobs yer uncle....
smudge

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you still are having problems with sourcing parts for your truck.I have a friendly dealer who is happy to source parts in UK.
I have just bought a front pipe for my  HZJ 75 Ute with no problems and it only took 2 days!

1996 Mercedes e220 Cabriolet
denkar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, please.
Complete system for a 1988 FJ75 pick up.
Can't be bothered rooting around through someone else's rubbish, as per someone elses helpful suggestion, not.
Cheers
smudge

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have PM'd you the info.

1996 Mercedes e220 Cabriolet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 70 Series / Prado / Troopie / Bundera Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: