Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

KZJ70 T belt light reset

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 70 Series / Prado / Troopie / Bundera Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob Austin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 20:29    Post subject: KZJ70 T belt light reset Reply with quote

Hi, my old and very faithful KZJ70 Landcruiser has started to flash it's T Belt light.  The belt was changed last year so it must to do with the odometer reading.  If any highly knowledgeable person out there could point me in the right direction towards fixing the problem I would be very grateful.  The Landcruiser itself is still in extremely good working order and other than a few mods ~ raised suspension /winch / snorkel / intercooler it is pretty much as it left the factory 25 years ago.  this topic may have been covered in the past so any info would useful Rolling Eyes     Rolling Eyes
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 20:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

warthog

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a little rubber bung over the left side of the speedo. Remove it, insert a narrow enough instrument to push in the little tube that is below it on the face of the instrument. That will reset the reminder for another 100K kilometers.
Rob Austin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

warthog wrote:
There is a little rubber bung over the left side of the speedo. Remove it, insert a narrow enough instrument to push in the little tube that is below it on the face of the instrument. That will reset the reminder for another 100K kilometers.

Thank you so much Peter for your help, just completed the adjustment and now light goes out as soon as the engine starts - just as it should do.  Again, many thanks for your advice.  Rob Austin

Just in case you run a similarly aged Landcruiser I have a fair collection of bits mainly rescued from an LJ70 series 2, that I have kept, nearly all seem to be a match for KZJ bits.  If you or anyone you know is after the odd item I may be able to help.
All the best. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 70 Series / Prado / Troopie / Bundera Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: