Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

AHC - rear shock failure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DorsetJim

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 20:15    Post subject: AHC - rear shock failure Reply with quote

03 100 4.2 manual, 235K, UK spec

The orange "off" light for the AHC came on / blinking and it keeps on going to low and barely raising if I put it to high, ride is terrible.

I had a look under the truck and there seems to be a load of oil coming from around the left rear shock + I found a semicircle of perished rubber seal. It looks like the left rear shock has failed completely and lost most of it's fluid.

Would this account for the sudden AHC failure?

Is anything else likely to need sorting or will it just be a case of replacing both rear shocks?

I guess they are linked into the AHC and need to be genuine Toyota ones? They both look pretty corroded and beyond a rebuild.

Many thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 20:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Surfy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a replacement of both. Only original are available - or leaving the AHC path with adjustable dampers and setable height...

Surfy
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:48    Post subject: Re: AHC - rear shock failure Reply with quote

DorsetJim wrote:
03 100 4.2 manual, 235K, UK spec

The orange "off" light for the AHC came on / blinking and it keeps on going to low and barely raising if I put it to high, ride is terrible.

I had a look under the truck and there seems to be a load of oil coming from around the left rear shock + I found a semicircle of perished rubber seal. It looks like the left rear shock has failed completely and lost most of it's fluid.

Would this account for the sudden AHC failure?

Is anything else likely to need sorting or will it just be a case of replacing both rear shocks?

I guess they are linked into the AHC and need to be genuine Toyota ones? They both look pretty corroded and beyond a rebuild.

Many thanks

Have you seen the price of them ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: