4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Anyone actually running an OzBush Manual Mapper?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animal Mother

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 20:44    Post subject: Anyone actually running an OzBush Manual Mapper? Reply with quote

I'm considering one for my 120 3.0 D4D but can't find that many reviews. Plus the person promoting them on here is now a deleted account.

Anyone got one (120 or 150 series) and have experience of the following:

Fuel saving
Better driving (i.e. more power/torque)
Effective EGR delete
Installation
Quality

I'm most interested in getting a few more MPG for longer journeys so if you have positive (or negative) experience of this then I'm really intersted in hearing about it.

Ta.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 20:44    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

karl2000

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think TonyC has gone one - hopefully he will be along to provide his expert opinion shortly.
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a ozbush mapper together with a full egr blanking plate fitted since nov 2015 and very happy with it , ozbush recommends  a full egr valve and inlet to the inlet manifold to be cleaned for full effectiveness , and full blanking plate to be fitted to the engine side of the egr cooler to stop the the egr cooler getting too hot from exhaust gas being trapped in the egr cooler due to the egr valve being shut , but that is up to the user ,
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep mine on the neutral setting because if you put it on the + depending how far you turn up the + setting you get more power but use more fuel just like the performance chips/modules , if you switch it to the minus setting you get better economy but less power depending how much you turn it down , ozbush claims just like the performance chip makers that you get better fuel use than without the unit on the more power settings , I did not find that to be the case when I turned up the power , I got more power but used more fuel , in the neutral setting you get a power increase of about 17 to 20  bhp at cruising speed and mid range rpm if you also vent the PCV to air instead of letting it get sucked into the turbo to be fed back into the engine , fitting this unit takes 10 minuets and is a high quality unit built to military electronic grade standed . but I found that the egr valve was kept shut but the butterfly on the throttle body still operated to restrict incoming fresh air so that the engine sucks in exhaust from the egr valve of which it can not due to the egr valve being closed and blanked off , so I removed the butterfly from its spindle so that while the ecu operates the spindle it does not restrict incoming fresh cool air so you get a much better throttle response and power at cruising speeds and light to mid range throttle .if you want to ask me anything else about the ozbush mapper just ask ,I am always happy to help any Landcruiser owner .
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention in the neutral setting I was getting around 2 mpg better than before fitting ozbush mapper and blanking plate and pcv to air , and when I removed the throttle body butterfly that figure rose to 3mpg better than standard without , so to do this to save fuel its not that good  , what it is good though is the smoother engine , and better low end and mid range power which is very noticeable when you remove the butterfly which I did just before last Christmas ,
Animal Mother

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 17:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

TONYCY11 wrote:
I forgot to mention in the neutral setting I was getting around 2 mpg better than before fitting ozbush mapper and blanking plate and pcv to air , and when I removed the throttle body butterfly that figure rose to 3mpg better than standard without , so to do this to save fuel its not that good  , what it is good though is the smoother engine , and better low end and mid range power which is very noticeable when you remove the butterfly which I did just before last Christmas ,

Great, thank you. Just what I needed. Would I need to buy an oil catch can then seeing as the PCV will vent rather than recirculate?
Tractionman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, he's got one of those too.
Sit tight and he will be back with the specifics on that, so you get the right one for the set up.
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do not have to have a catch can but a oil catch can make a good junction box to direct out the crankcase gas to where you want it to go to , the can cover on a 1kd engine has a baffle system to limit the oil that comes out that works well , I have a alloy billet catch can with no filter inside so it does not restrict the oil vapor and crankcase gas cost about 20 quid on e bay and used around three metres of ID 16mm silicone hose tubing (that cost about 20 quid also ) going into the catchcan which is bolted to the inner wing using the holes already there at the side near the break res tank  , then leaving the catch can running along the bulkhead and going down to the under belly on the passenger side to disperse so that  no crankcase vapor gets into the interior through the air vents ,  not much oil collects in the catch can its about 30mil (six tea spoons full ) a year due to having the pipe coming from the cam cover rising upward then going down to the catch can , if you get a catch can make sure it comes with at least 15mm inlet/outlet pipes because some come only with 9mm pipes which I think are too restrictive , mine came with both sizes so you can use the ones you want , if you want to see any pics of my set up and to ozbush mapper you can ask tractionman for my whatsapp number and I can send you pics or better explanations or even speak on the phone as its free on whatsapp , as I dont know how to put pics up on here ,
Animal Mother

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

TONYCY11 wrote:
You do not have to have a catch can but a oil catch can make a good junction box to direct out the crankcase gas to where you want it to go to , the can cover on a 1kd engine has a baffle system to limit the oil that comes out that works well , I have a alloy billet catch can with no filter inside so it does not restrict the oil vapor and crankcase gas cost about 20 quid on e bay and used around three metres of ID 16mm silicone hose tubing (that cost about 20 quid also ) going into the catchcan which is bolted to the inner wing using the holes already there at the side near the break res tank  , then leaving the catch can running along the bulkhead and going down to the under belly on the passenger side to disperse so that  no crankcase vapor gets into the interior through the air vents ,  not much oil collects in the catch can its about 30mil (six tea spoons full ) a year due to having the pipe coming from the cam cover rising upward then going down to the catch can , if you get a catch can make sure it comes with at least 15mm inlet/outlet pipes because some come only with 9mm pipes which I think are too restrictive , mine came with both sizes so you can use the ones you want , if you want to see any pics of my set up and to ozbush mapper you can ask tractionman for my whatsapp number and I can send you pics or better explanations or even speak on the phone as its free on whatsapp , as I dont know how to put pics up on here ,

Awesome info, thanks pal.

@Tractionman would you please PM me Tony's Whatsapp number. It would be a huge help, thank you.
Tractionman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

A.M. pm sent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: