NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Wanted: Reasonably priced 3" stainless exhaust

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animal Mother

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 20:41    Post subject: Wanted: Reasonably priced 3" stainless exhaust Reply with quote

Anyone got a used one or a source for a reasonably priced one in the UK?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 20:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

TONYCY11

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only one I have seen for sale is the one by CYBOX who trade on e bay and they are a complete system from the turbo onward and is a decat system (do away with the cat converter ) they used to be 350 quid but now are selling for 406 quid , sounds expensive but they are a top quality item .
Juddian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think i've just seen the one you mean Tony, but priced at £487 plus postage.

Animal mother, i've had two cat back stainless systems made and fitted while i waited on Subarus at https://www.mijexhaust.com/ Walsall.
Very well made had no issues with either, both cost me just under £300 all incl, these were 2.25" systems, a 3" would probably be more expensive, last one fitted last spring.
The chap in charge at MIJ knows his stuff, he might well suggest a slightly smaller bore than you have in mind due to less restrictive stainless silencers and noise/boom issues with the larger bores, if you decide to call them.

To put prices in perspective, other stainless outlets quoted me over twice the price so i don't know how MIJ do it for that cost, hence don't mind the 75 mile drive there (i always give the lads that do the donkey work a drink cos old school innit)...OE system for my Outback would have been a 4 figure sum so didn't bother asking Subaru for a sit down or faint quote for the Forester, to make matters worse you can't get a proper aftermarket system anywhere for the two Subaru models concerned, in the case of the Outback one of the silencers has a clever built in pressure regulated by-pass system, in the case of the Forester no one makes one for the 2.5 turbocharged model at all, they are a smaller bore system suitable for the 2.0 NA engine falsely sold as suitable for 2.5 turbo version.

I recommend MIJ who are now my go to for exhausts,  i have no interest in the company apart from being a satisfied customer.
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you are right Juddian to export to Cyprus as a EU country there is no VAT , I just put in a UK postcode and it changed from 406.25 and 29 pound p&p to 487.50 and 15 p&p sorry about that , well spotted Juddian .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: