4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Fuel Consumption !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FWoody

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:35    Post subject: Fuel Consumption !!! Reply with quote

Hi Everyone, We have just come back from touring Scotland in our fully loaded Landcruiser 150 2.8 Auto Invincible with my Photography Equipment (which is quite a bit of gear) and our personal clothes etc, we clocked up 2,020 miles and have averaged 34 MPG!!! WOW. My wife kept all the fuel receipts to get an accurate fuel consumption (Shes likes doing things like that)
If any one has toured Scotland you will know not many motorways, we used A roads or B roads some even weren't on my satnavs. We went over the Lecht towards Braemar (and that is very very steep) we went up the Cairngorm to the top car park,  around the full coastline of Skye, around the south side of Loch Ness (mostly single track roads)We also went to see the Kelpies and the Falkirk wheel, did some driving around Edinburgh and that's all stop and go The LandCruiser never put a foot wrong, so relaxing to drive and the feeling of safety knowing it will get us home again (not like my old Discovery)
  I cant wait for September because that's when we go away with the Caravan so I cant wait to try the Landcruiser with the caravan hitched up.
Just thought I would tell anyone who is interested.

Cheers Frank
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

yzhou

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:41    Post subject: Wow, 34 MPG Reply with quote

Hi Frank,

I have an Invincible as well, it is a 2020. I didn't count the number (my wife does not do things like that, man. But, I will).
Did you do the long distance driving in one go as you counted the MPG?
We have the same hobby like you. We do bird photography.

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Yiming Zhou
FWoody

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 14:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi yzhou
The mpg was an overall total of the complete journey. One part of my tour of Scotland was from Braemar down to Aviemore, I filled up in Braemar I got 42mpg and that's going over the "Leict" which is about one of the steepest roads I've driven on,what you loose on the way up you make up on the way down.
The trick is don't drive it like "you've stole it" and dont drive it like your Granny just be very light on the throttle. With the torque these vehicles have it will get you up some steep hills in quite a high gear if you are gentle on the throttle. Try in the sports box as well on straight roads with slight hills i've put it in 6th gear and the engine will push you along all day, just be light with the right foot.
We have been all over Scotland in all weathers ...... snow 12 inches deep floods that came half way up the wheels and felt safe as houses and warm as toast and never once has this beast let me down, not like my 2 previous Discovery's I used to put the ignition key in and crossed my fingers and hope it would start.
Any more info do not be afraid to ask.
PS forgot to tell you going up the A9 from perth to Aviemore I used the sport box and put it in 6th only once did it drop down to 5th and that was going over the "Drimoctor Pass" I believe one of the highest road in the UK
FWoody
karl2000

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 0:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats brilliant mpg, well done!
FWoody

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks karl2000 as I said be light on the throttle were you can........just sit back and chill   Very Happy     FWoody
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: