4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

manual and/or wiring diagram?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crex

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 22:16    Post subject: manual and/or wiring diagram? Reply with quote

Hi, I bought my LC d-4d landcruiser a few months ago. Unfortunately it came without an owner's manual, so I've been trying without any joy to source both that and a workshop manual, either pdf or hard copy. My immediate need is for a wiring diagram, but obviously the manuals would be useful for lots of other things too.
Haynes website says they don't have one for my vehicle, which is a bit of a shame.
One of the things that's making all this more difficult is the whole alphabet soup of model / version/ variant, which are all slightly different on the V5, the Haynes website, and the Toyota.tech website (the latter two when entering my reg. number).
Any assistance in sourcing the above would be gratefully received.
Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 22:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

karl2000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

What year is it? Is it an LC3/4/5 ?

Haynes do workshop manuals for some LC's but not all !

You might be able to get a user manual off e bay, but we need to determine which LC you have first!
crex

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an LC2, 2004, 5 door, Landcruiser IV KDJ120(K), KDJ120R-GKMEYW(6B), 1KDFTV engine, 3.0L diesel. And maybe a Prado on top of all that!
Hopefully this makes more sense to you than it does to me.
karl2000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great - so its a 120 series - also known as a Prado 120 outside of the UK

LC2... wow dont think they made them for very long - someone else will known better, but most are LD3/4/5.  Not sure what the difference is with the LC2.

You can get a Haynes manual:

amazon.co.uk/Toyota-Prado-96-Haynes-Service/dp/1563928213

Look around though, because you can  probably get it cheaper elsewhere once you know what it is you're looking for.

Theres a .pdf of the owners manual, but its for the Australian version not the UK - not that there is much difference - its better than nothing.  PM me your email address if you want it.

Keep your eye on e bay for a printed owners manual, assuming Toyota can't supply one for a reasonable price?
karl2000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

LC2 isn't in my LC brochure, but looking at Toyota UK press releases, it looks like it was available from Jan 2003 and deleted from the range with the 05 model year.

Wonder if anyone else on here has an LC2?  Still not sure what the difference is between an LC2 and LC3!

The LC3's have a real rear diff lock, and the LC4/5 have traction control instead,  Does yours have a rear diff lock?
crex

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, has rear diff lock.

Thanks for the pointers. Funny how Haynes website gave nothing when I searched by my reg number. The amazon one is a wee bit steep, I'll maybe hold fire and see if anything else comes up.
I think I've found the australian owners manual pdf. My only reservation is that the U R L suggests it's Jul-07 to Aug-09, but otherwise it looks like the right one?
thanks again for your help
crex

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you aware of an significant differences to watch out for between the Australian models and what's in the UK?
karl2000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 23:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not aware of the differences - doubt its much to be honest, more evolution than revolution with these cars I think!

My AU pdf has got 361 pages, presumably the same as yours!

Theres a service/workshop manual pdf which you can get on e bay for a few quid which you use instead of a Haynes.
Tractionman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

All as per Karl. Lc2s had the early 3.0l d4d engine, probably the same one that was in the last of the Collies 2002, 161bhp ? and were only made for about 1 year, much in line with Karl's info. What I came across is it's a swb, 5 seat, 3 door manual, does that match yours Crex ? As a 2004 yours must be one of the last made, but that is probably the registration year, not neccessarily the production date. Same body shape as later lc3/4, interestingly skinny 225 70 17 tyres standard.
Karl is on the money, the naming of these dependant on origin can be confusing for repair manuals, and his recommendations are sound
Tractionman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl, as a swb that would be a 125 as opposed to a 120, but still falling into the same pattern ?
crex

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, it's actually 5-door, not swb. Otherwise in line with your description
karl2000

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be good to see some pics, so we can get an idea of how the LC2 is different!  No idea how you post pictures on here though!
crex

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

And has the fold-down seats in the rear, so can be a 7-seater
karl2000

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it manual / auto?  Leather / cloth seats?  Cruise control?  Electric windows?  Electric mirrors? Sunroof?  There must be some differences somewhere....
crex

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

cloth seats, electric windows, no sunroof
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: