Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

LEDs

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tractionman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

DWW, not used the Osram, but I'm really surprised you say there is minimal, if any difference in the Samsung, considering the amount of led chips in the Samsung over the Osram. It would seem there is another contender then, although I'll stick with the Samsung now.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 19:26    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Dafydd Wynn Williams

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi TM.
The Osram packaging states that the LEDs draw 2W, and comprise 2 LEDs.  The SAMSUNG  seller claims they draw 5W and comprise 15 Leds.  As I said it is very difficult to tell if there is any difference in performance, but have them both on at the same time ( 1 in each side) I would just give !st prize to the SAMSUNG, but only with the benefit of seeing side by side.

So  life span and price will confirm the winner in the fullness of time.

Dafydd   WW
Dafydd Wynn Williams

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 0:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry TM,  SAMSUNG has 24 LEDs, not 15.  Old age.

Soon moving to a home for the confused and bewildered.  Confused

Dafydd   WW
karl2000

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry Dafydd, the car park will probably be full of 120's Smile

Good to know the osrams are half decent too - I've got some but hadn't tried them.

At the end of the day, both types are a massive improvement over the original and that's what matters!
Tractionman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries DWW. That's why I couldnt work out why you had found them both to be similar, considering the massive amount of leds that face all directions on the Samsung. Karl had given me the low down on the Osram to compare, but as long as we are all good with whatever we do to our cruisers, happy dayz.
Don't forget to share the address for the home of the confused and bewildered. As long as it's in Wales it will do me !  😃😃
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: