4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

2006 LC5 Navigation manual required

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ibex

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:38    Post subject: 2006 LC5 Navigation manual required Reply with quote

As I am not 12 years old, I find the navigation system in my recently bought LC5 an absolute mystery . Does anybody out there have such a manual - or may be able to point me at a place where I might get (download) one ?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:38    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

TONYCY11

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you not get one with with the owners manual in the leather look wallet , if not maybe you could trace the previous owner , I have a manual for the navigation but never bother to use it as I do not have patience or interest to mess around with gizmos ,    the disk for the satnav is under the drivers seat reached from the rear passenger side of the car , more up to date satnav disks can be had on e bay (copy's) for around 20 quid , and how did you get on with your power steering problem ,
Tractionman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ibex, I find it a mystery too, - I aint got one 🤣
Seriously though, I'll have a look in my Toyota wallet,( it may not have been passed on to you) Even though my lc3 is not equipped and I'm not bothered anyway, if the wallet is a standard package from Toyota and I have one, its got your name on it.
Will get back to you. 🤗
karl2000

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was shocked to see my LC4 had a (useless) satnav on the original radio!

Big old CD unit under the drivers seat as Tony said...

I changed the headunit so don't use it, but the NAV is different in the LC5, it has a fancy colour screen etc.

Do yourself a favour though, use your phone instead!
Tractionman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ibex, don't have one in my wallet, they must be model specific. You will have seen Karl's comments anyway.
Juddian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't start the engine before attempting to program the satnav, you'll run out of fuel (and patience) long before even getting halfway through the process.

Why they made the thing so damned complicated to use i don't know, had the same satnav system in my 2007 Hilux, i managed somehow to get both of them programmed but in all honesty i'd rather spend £150 on a decent Garmin with full postcode facility and so aggro.
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never bother with the car satnav eighther ,  I have a good tom tom that fits nicely on the air vent when I need it if I am on my own otherwise it spends its time in the armrest cubby box ,  or the wife uses her phone as its quicker
Ibex

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:48    Post subject: 2006 LC5 Navigation manual required Reply with quote

Thanks for all the responses chaps. I have to admit that I am a Garmin fan and have the trusty Zumo off the bike that works very well indeed - and will continue to do so by the sound of things! I shall keep an eye open on e bay in case one of the manuals turn up but not a high priority,

Dave
Tractionman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

👍👍
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: