Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Loud Knocking Sound When Releasing Accelerator Pedal

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Tractionman on the handbrake shoe setup , and a 150 is just a 120 with a different over coat on , its only 2016 onward that the engine changed , and in my opinion not for the better of the car , the change of engine is more for emission  laws .and the cost difference between the 120 and 150  is nowhere worth it . I will be staying with my 120 not because I carnot afford a 150 but because the 150 is nowhere near any better than the 120 to justify the price hike , and to me the 120 is a lot better looking having its bodywork  being designed by a  European car design company for Toyota making the 120 looking timeless  , the 150 body was designed by Toyota themselves and looks too Japanese and not a timeless shape like the 120 is , with just a few simple mods the 120 can be made to look bag upto date and that is due to its timeless design ,
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Tractionman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 13:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

👍👍
nicolascarlo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s FIXED!!!!

The parking brake cable on the right side had seized. They put in new cable and new spring and now it drives like a dream again!

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Tractionman and Tony, thanks for the advice on the 150 as well. My idea was to buy a 150 to have a newer car while keeping this one and fixing it. But now that it’s fixed, Im probably not going to worry about getting the 150 (maybe the 200 at some point). There’s nothing else wrong with my 120. But this issue just frustrated me to no end!

Anyway, it’s fixed now and we’re going on a 500 mile trip on the west coast of Scotland to celebrate!

Oh and I think fourby4diesel is a magician. Pretty sure Tony here had introduced me to his channel when I was looking to clean the EGR.
karl2000

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news, thanks for the update!

Very Happy
Tractionman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

👍That is good news, well done coming back with result. No zip ties, in thereI hope ! 🤣🤣  Ok, Ill get my coat !!
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats good news , 👍😃
Juddian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 14:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad its fixed,
Sounds to me like the mechanic involved has had little to do with drum brakes, to me the drum inside disc design that we have is the best brake design ever put on a vehicle, thankfully all 3 of our cars have this wonderful trouble free (so long as the vehicle gets serviced) design.

Also agree about 120 versus 150, i would have a 150 but only in order to have a newer vehicle for rust resistance purposes, not sure as i want to get involved with DPFs unless could afford one of the newer vehicles fitted with a DPF static self regeneration option similar to HGVs.
nicolascarlo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I seem to not have the notifications on or something.

Agree on the assessment on the mechanic. I think he was learning as he went. Just proved to be very expensive for me.

Im glad it’s fixed though. I can now try and find better mechanics while I don’t need anything done as a matter of urgency.

Thanks for all the advice! Not buying 150 any longer. Will keep an eye out for the 200 though. Or might get a 100…not sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: