Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Scratching my head

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Markus1967

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 17:58    Post subject: Scratching my head Reply with quote

Hi guys

Hoping someone out there can help, I have completely rebuilt my Prado (2007) with a brand new Cylinder Head (with camshafts complete as one unit), also had new head gasket etc and brand new injectors.

I also cleaned out the fuel tank and fitted a new water pump and timing belt, after several cranks she finally burst into life, I ran it for a couple of mins on tick over to expell any last air that might have been in fuel lines etc.

The next day I fitted the Rad etc and then filled with anti-freeze and some water, I then started the car up to circulate the water and to top up if required, after about 15 mins I noticed some oil leaking from around the timing cover, upon finding out the reason I noticed it was coming from the oil seal behind camshaft sprocket, so I sorted it and retimed it back up but when I try to start it, it would stop dead, so I figured perhaps I made a bit of a mistake on timing it, so to be safe than sorry I retimed it again.

With the injectors out and everything timed up I decided to crank her by hand again only to notice oil squirting up from number 2 cylinder, all the others seem to be fine.

So one of my questions are:-. Why would this happen despite the car running sweet without any major issues despite the oil leak?

There's no water in oil and vice versa

Any suggestions or ideas would be very welcomed.

Regards Mark
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 17:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

TONYCY11

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you had the head off did you check if the pistons had any cracks in them , these engines are known to crack piston heads when they have had cylinder head problems or over fueling from maptunes or badly leaking injectors , they start with a small crack that then gets bigger . When ever the cylinder head is changed it is good practice to check the piston heads for cracks .
Markus1967

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:03    Post subject: Scratching my head Reply with quote

TONYCY11 wrote:
When you had the head off did you check if the pistons had any cracks in them , these engines are known to crack piston heads when they have had cylinder head problems or over fueling from maptunes or badly leaking injectors , they start with a small crack that then gets bigger . When ever the cylinder head is changed it is good practice to check the piston heads for cracks .

Hi Tony
Yes.  I thoroughly checked the Pistons and they don't show any cracks/fractures or any signs of stress. So last night I was once again scratching my head and the only thing I could come up with is the 'O' ring around the injectors where No2 Cylinder's injector has failed this letting oil pass it.
I'm going to remove them all today, suck out any oil on top of piston and replace all new 'O' rings and then see what happens. What do you think?
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes its a good idea , they are once use only , as are the injector seats , it is good to know the pistons are ok .
Markus1967

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

TONYCY11 wrote:
Yes its a good idea , they are once use only , as are the injector seats , it is good to know the pistons are ok .

It appears that it was the 'O' rings all the time and now I was wondering if you or anyone else out there can show me a diagram of how the vacuum lines are configured please for my 2007 Prado D4D

Thank you
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no diagram but if you go onto ToyoDIY.com or some other part site they show diagrams of parts so clicking vacume piping should bring up complete diagrams of vacume piping , only thing is I do not know if split parts diagrams on ToyoDIY.com will show such diagrams in the UK , you may need to use a VPN and click on another country , clicking on Cyprus works for sure  .
Markus1967

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:07    Post subject: Scratching my head Reply with quote

Thanks Tony, you've been an amazing help
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

👍😃 always happy to help , others will also be able to help also when they log on and see your comment .
andy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
andy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I didn't see that you wanted vacuum pipes.

1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
andy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

👍😃 Just the ticket Andy
andy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 13:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

TONYCY11 wrote:
👍😃 Just the ticket Andy

Anybody that wants access to diagrams, send me a PM.
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
Tractionman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

🤗👍
Markus1967

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 13:57    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

I appreciate your help and everyone else that assisted
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: