All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Add new key by using Techstream

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
el3388

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:33    Post subject: Add new key by using Techstream Reply with quote

I recently bought a 2006 LC4 and just got one key.  I am trying to add another key by using Techstream.  My laptop/Techstream connected to the car successfully.  However, in the Immobiliser tab, there are only functions "Trouble Codes", "Data List" and "Active Test".  I got from some Youtube video that people were able to program a new key by using the "Utility" fucntion.  However, I don't have this function under Immobiliser.  Does anyone have any idea what may cause the missing of the "Utility" function?  Other than going to Toyota Dealership, are there any other method to add a new key?

Thank you.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

TONYCY11

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may sound daft but have you tried clicking on the Utility on the left hand side menu list .
el3388

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 14:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the left hand side, there are only "Trouble Codes", "Data List" and "Active Test".  There is no "Utility" button on the left hand side.  See the attached picture.

[img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SX4-wV4DJ3tOdsFbx4-s1MoIko4OcgfV/view?usp=share_link[/img]
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is very strange , because to code in new injectors you need to doit through the Utility , I have it on my tecstream on the left
Tractionman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony, as the OP is having trouble the Techstream way is there a way of doing without.
IIRC, there is a system of ignition on/off, opening/shutting doors etc, that I seem to remember Karl telling me about some time ago.
Hopefully he sees this and can confirm, or tell me to go back to reading the Beano. 🤣
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny you said that Tractionman some years ago I had the details of that system that I saved some where , dont know where I put them now though .
Tractionman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 15:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

👍👍Ah, so I didn't get it from the Beano then. 🤣
I know Karl is really busy at present, but hopefully he will give details when able.
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

el3388 wrote:
On the left hand side, there are only "Trouble Codes", "Data List" and "Active Test".  There is no "Utility" button on the left hand side.  See the attached picture.

[img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SX4-wV4DJ3tOdsFbx4-s1MoIko4OcgfV/view?usp=share_link[/img]

The link above to your pic does not work , not for me at least
Tractionman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nor me.
el3388

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the link again:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SX4-wV4DJ3tOdsFbx4-s1MoIko4OcgfV/view?usp=sharing
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried typing in your Vin number
el3388

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your suggestion.  Just tried it but same result.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/133EtRYDIPtpM23LUm4wXO8GFdVL9kODf/view?usp=sharing
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea why it not showing Utility  , I have my tecstream that is an older version I think a 12 or 13 version installed  on a very old laptop a 2006 toshiba that I dont use for anything else but the tecstream .
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried getting the utility tab up by not pressing the immobiliser tab up or messing around with the other tabs on the top
el3388

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know that someone got the "Utility" option.  Mine is also an old laptop running Win7-32Bit and is for Techstream only.  It seems that I might have selected some incorrect options and caused this problem.  

Can your Techstream automatically identify your car?  Mine doesn't and I need to select the model (see pic).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wmklZDCNpi3wWWNnujH_HTRcgp-j2HHp/view?usp=sharing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: