NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Anyone wants the original bash plates?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeJak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:27    Post subject: Anyone wants the original bash plates? Reply with quote

As per title, just swapped out the original bashplates for some aftermarket ones giving much more coverage.
If anyone is interested in the original happy to give them away.I have the front one (has a small hole and scratches) and the thin one that covers the oil pan.

I’m in Hertfordshire..odd none wants them will just scrap them.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

diggerdave

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they're in decent nick, don't scrap them. Someone will buy them on e bay for sure. Need to keep parts in circulation for these old-timers.

What did you buy to replace them out of interest?
MikeJak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dave, I went for the Asfir plates, 8mm aluminium, they are really well made and “cheap” insurance they cover all the way from the rad to the transfer case. Not so cheap really but similar price as steel ones that were more then twice the weight.. and didn’t cover quite as much. Will cope well with rocks and help sliding over mud… I’d feel fairly confident you could jack the truck from under the plates..

The original plates are in good shape but I don’t have much room to store parts… hence offering them… will keep them for a while..if anyone wants them just say!
MisterCruiser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm missing 1 of my front ones, I'd take them off you but I'm in Ireland.

Shame to dump them, someone will want them, even donate them to a breakers rather than dump them and if someone is ringing around a breakers they'll get them.
MikeJak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mister Cruiser…
If you want to check what a courier would cost to Ireland you’d be welcome to have them. It might be reasonable, I think you would look at around 20kg and a 60x50x30 box…
andy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeJak wrote:
Hi Mister Cruiser…
If you want to check what a courier would cost to Ireland you’d be welcome to have them. It might be reasonable, I think you would look at around 20kg and a 60x50x30 box…

It's worth asking for shipment prices on Shipley, you get all sorts quoting to collect for you.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
MisterCruiser

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeJak wrote:
Hi Mister Cruiser…

Thanks for the gesture but with the hassle of customs importing anything from the UK to Ireland now I couldn't be bothered with the effort. Appreciate the offer though.
richmac

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi are the bash plates for a SWB and does it include the plastic ones? One of my plastic ones has a fixing point broken. Thats if you still have them? Regards Richard
MikeJak

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Richard, sorry they are long gone.
I never had the plastic one, never really understood why it was there in a first place..
richmac

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok no worries thanks letting me know
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: