4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Making the move from the dark side to 100 series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fernie69

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 13:12    Post subject: Making the move from the dark side to 100 series Reply with quote

Hi there

Sick to death of my disco 2 so looking at getting an Amazon 100 series. It’ll be a 3rd car that I’ll do few miles in dodging about at our holiday gaff and towing a boat (but not launching)

I don’t have a large budget and I’ve seen one locally (2001 4.7 VX 148k) that looks like It would do the job. I’m going to look at it today but the guy has given me an honest appraisal and told me the following:

It’s starting to get some rust near the bumper/wheel arches which might need attention at some point

The handbrake light stays on but it’s operational he thinks maybe a sensor.

The prins lpg system has a warming light he thinks it just needs a service and filters (I’m not too bothered about this but would get it sorted if not ridiculous)

Timing belt done at 87k miles he says still looks good

It’s got de cat and stainless exhaust.

The original suspension has been swapped out and replaced with a pedders heavy duty 2” lift

I’m not mechanically minded but any help or comments in terms of the above or anything else to look out for would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Fernie
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 13:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

AlPrado

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 14:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all about the rust , Get underneath and have a GOOD look , and a light hammer , Be careful if it has nice new underseal, Why was it done and whats it hiding

Good long road test 15 / 20 miles see what it drives like , water temp , check everything electrical , EVERTHING

See how it goes from then , Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: