Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Land Cruiser Prado 2007 - Car Doesnt Heat Up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cercag

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 21:01    Post subject: Land Cruiser Prado 2007 - Car Doesnt Heat Up. Reply with quote

I just bought this Prado 2007 Right Hand Drive 3.0 Diesel Engine,

I realised car is not heating up till mid zone of gauge(except one time i was climbing hill but i didnt check heater that time) it stays at the first quarter all the time.

Because of this problem im not getting any hot air from the heaters. AC is working perfeclty fine and im getting a little warm air from the heaters.

I installed brand new Thermostat
    Flushed the heater core twice
    Coolant Level is Ok

After i done those, when the car in stationary heat goes up and there is hot air. When I start to drive it, heat goes down rapidly to first quarter almost in 100m drive.

Does anybody experienced this kind of problem before ?

Regards
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 21:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

TONYCY11

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

The law of physics means the 1kd-ftv engine will reach full operating temp within 3 miles of driving here in Cyprus even if the thermostat was stuck in the open position  where the temps are around 30c at the moment, do you have a 1kd-ftv D4D in your 120 or is it a 1kz engine I could believe it not reaching full operating temp if you were in minus 30 c and even then within 15 miles it would be fully warm ,  it could be you have a faulty water temp sensor , as for the heater not giving hot air could be lack of coolant going through it due to a air lock  if the previous owner or you did not leave the heater temp in the car in the hottest setting before draining and filling the coolant or undoing the hose where the coolant comes OUT of the heater matrix when warm to see if the heater matrix has got coolant in and not an air lock or crud stopping coolant going through it ,   does the engine feel hot when you lift the bonnet after you have driven the car for 5 miles , was the coolant clean or dirty or contaminated and at the right level before you yourself drained the coolant incase of head gasket or head problems that the 1kz engine can be known to have . The low entry 120s in Cyprus like the commercial versions or some import versions or exUN 120s have the 1kz engine and not the D4D 1kd-ftv engine .
karl2000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 0:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expert advice from Tony as ever!

+ 1 for bleeding and topping up the cooling system
Tractionman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens if you press the pre heat switch ?
Beekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

A long shot but is the viscous coupled fan seized?
ALPrado

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beekeeper wrote:

That was going to be my comment , You can also tell with excessive roaring noise from the fan, Had this often when I was on the tools for a living.
cercag

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the car to a mechanic and i have been told that , heater sensor have a wire problem from inside and heater water pump have a slight problem. I will try those to and update you guys.

Thanks for the help
cercag

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

karl2000 wrote:
Expert advice from Tony as ever!

+ 1 for bleeding and topping up the cooling system

I already done that. Everything looks in the right level.
cercag

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beekeeper wrote:

Fan is working ok , there is no noise or anything.
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

cercag wrote:
I took the car to a mechanic and i have been told that , heater sensor have a wire problem from inside and heater water pump have a slight problem. I will try those to and update you guys.

Thanks for the help

The heater water pump that is powered by the front engine pully will not work in Cyprus temperatures unless you are up in the high mountain's in winter and the engine is completely cold   . for the heater pump to work the outside temps have to be cold for the heater pump to kick in when you press the switch on . you could check that the water temp sensor that is at the top at the front of the engine , check  the connector plug is not damaged or dirty inside and plugged in properly that you hear it click shut as you plug it in .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: