All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

London ULEZ Compliance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ColoradoMike

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:26    Post subject: London ULEZ Compliance Reply with quote

I own a 2001 registered Colorado VX 3.4 petrol model which, according to the TFL website, in non ULEZ compliant.  The only way I can confirm if this is correct is by reference to its NOx emissions value on the vehicle's Certificate of Conformity, which I don't have.  I could obtain one from Toyota for a fee of £75, but obviously I'd prefer to avoid this expense if it's only going to confirm that the vehicle is non compliant.

Is there anyone on here with the same or similar vehicle who has a Certificate of Conformity and could indicate to me what the NOx emissions value might be?

Would be most grateful for any information regarding ULEZ compliance for this vehicle.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:26    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

karl2000

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think a 2001 petrol will be compliant, regardless of NoX emissions
Vagabond

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

A petrol vehicle needs to be Euro 4 compliant to meet ULEZ, which the 3.4V6 (5Z-FE) isn't - remember this is an engine whilst very good and relatively "hi-tech" i.e. twin cam, 24v DOHC etc, originates back in the mid nineties.  

Having said that, overall there does seem to be some discrepancies around 1999-2001 with some car/engines, not just Toyota, that seem to be mis-classified, I believe you will need to obtain proof of conformity from the manufacturer and addressed to you directly, for TfL to validate it.
MikeJak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 16:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a very quick look into this recently as I have a 3.4 too and very occasionally drive in ULEZ
the standard to be met for the ulez for petrol cars is euro 4 for NOx limit, not other paramether.
from what I have seen the original specs for NOx for the LC95 3.4 is 0.05g/km and the limit for Euro 4 is 0.08g/km
so chances are that you could get it accepted as compliant.

I need to have a look at home if the previous owner did give me the original certificate... even if not it might be worth the admin fee...
electricman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I'm new to this site and as posts on here seem current I thought I may as well dive in and ask the following.
We have been happy owners of our Landcruiser LC4 D-4D Auto for 15 years first registered in 2008 we 2nd owners purchased 2008. Vehicle well maintained never let us down. So 2 weeks ago returning home from Yorkshire to Warwickshire 10:00am  we're on M18 70 miles an hour engine dies no lights on dashboard so coast to hard shoulder. AA safely recovered us to home, done a good job well pleased. My mechanic who's maintained this vehicle since we had it advises me engine seized and beyond economic repair so were gutted as there was no clue and we thought this vehicle would last forever, it had been a great family motor up until now, mystery?
Anyway moving on we've found a Toyota Landcruiser 2019 2.8D Auto 57,000 miles FSH. We only discovered it was a Prada when we seen it on the tailgate which made us slightly suspicious that it wasn't in the title whilst advertised? Also we also seen a post ref oil problems leading to engine seizure's. So as you will of guessed I'm asking you Guys & Gals out there for your comments & feedback which would be most appreciated. Also as an import should we expect any issues with spares,  insurance etc?  Thank you and have a good weekend.

Regards

Steve
karl2000

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

What bappened to.it then?  Did the timing belt go?

Had it been replaced?
electricman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timing belt had been replaced. Engine is completely seized and we don't Know what caused it. I'm advised due to its age its beyond economic repair?
MikeJak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick update regarding ulez compliance. The 3.4 should be ulez compliant however I requested a Coc from Toyota and they confirmed that,while it should be emission compliant, factory tests do not hold NOx figures, only Hc+Nox test so no data is available to prove to tfl the compliance… bit of a shame really.
It might be possible to get independent testing and push tfl to accept it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: