All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

elp with Diesel Tuning Box

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

luckyrobp wrote:
Hi Steve

Don't know anyone that does a remap for this vehicle so the price for other cars is irrelevant. this unit isnt just a normal little cigarettepacket sized box with a circuit board to just up the fuelling of the ECU. it is a huge unit with either +- 10,20,30% or automatic from the throttle. god knows why youred want to reduce the power.

Dont know what you expect for £50!!! a dodgy resistor off e bay perhaps?

Thats the joy of owning a big exspencive car, its like the marketing for the old ford granada used to say: If you ask the fuel consumption, you cant afford the car.

I do actually check my fuel consumption every fill as you can spot problems occuring ealy.

Rob P

ps.  tried to use the shortend word for cigarettepacket - 3 letters starts with an F ends in G and has an A in the middle but when I previewed it, it comes up with *beep* yet it lets me type in scunthorpe, how bizzar.

Hi Again
There is a few firms that would do a remap, and re the size of the box, I was not aware of the size but If you had mentioned the manufacture of the unit I would have reserched, but thats what I thought it was till you mentioned the price.

"god knows why youred want to reduce the power" who mentioned reduce power ?

My main requirement is when I am towing the caravan, if I used it just solo, I would not bother, but when on the motorway and find slight hill the car decides to change down, and keeps like that for some time, so if it had some more power (hopefully) it would not change down so quick.

I once tried one of these plug in tune-it boxes on my Merc Van and did not seem to do anything so was not impressed, so unless I can "plug it in and try it" and if it does not work get my money back

so as I don't use the car very much £400 ish is a lot to try i !

As I say thanks anyway

Steve
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 14:40    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

luckyrobp

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 17:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi steve

I wasn't saying you would want to reduce the power, The box has the capability to reduce the power of the engine by upto 30%. Its amazing how many people ask why you want to go faster when you talk about increasing power, when its overtaking etc that is more important nowadays, not top speed.

I have towed my Landrover racer on an ifor trailer (approx. 3tons) and it doesnt know its there, have to keep the speed down to legal limits.

I have got 3 plug and play units on my ssangyong Rexton (normal towmotor) a ducato van and my parents ducato based camper, I havent adjusted 2 of them but I did increase the one on the ducato as it didnt make a lot of difference at factory set, (just turn an adjuster screw a couple of mill. did you try adjusting the unit on your Merc?

You dont need to spend £400+ to try it as I know it works! and if you got it from a reputable dealer they would give you your money back anyway.

Rob P
Wandering Willy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are looking at getting your engine output up a bit you could try these people:-

http://www.vanaaken.com/

They have a good reputation and may be able to answer your queries before you buy

Willy
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wandering Willy wrote:
If you are looking at getting your engine output up a bit you could try these people:-

http://www.vanaaken.com/

They have a good reputation and may be able to answer your queries before you buy

Willy

Hi Willy and Rob

That is uncanny, as http://www.vanaaken.com/ was the unit I tried on my Merc sprinter and did not show any change.

Now as I said I only borrowed it from a friend who took it off his sprinter as he was selling the van.

so thanks both

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: