4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Lincomb Farm - 14-16th September 07

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Events reviews, write-ups and photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rodger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 16:35    Post subject: Lincomb Farm - 14-16th September 07 Reply with quote

Friday: Set up camp followed by a Chinese meal that gave us all the chance to put faces to names.
Saturday: Tony lead us on a trip round the Lincomb Farm trails (and I managed to get stuck in a muddy gateway!) before we entered the woods where the different sections offered challenges - axle articulation, water, climbs and drops - of varying severity.  After a lunch break we had more of the same but the challenges became increasingly difficult - like the newly christened `megadrop' which we all managed to negotiate safely! Moses (80 with centre difflock) tried an extreme climb and then showed us winching (we all learnt a lot) and then Tony took his 80 (three diff locks) up unaided! Neither Dik (Jeep) or I (BJ40) attempted the climb but the BJ did crawl down it. Excellent day: Tony rustled up a super barbie and a fabulous bonfire to make a great evening with a little music and some beer and excellent company!
Sunday: The bonfire was still burning strong enough for us to make toast for breakfast! Moses had to leave but as he left Jonnie arrived in his, newly imported from Oz, red BJ40. We did a shortened trip round the farm and then to the woods again. After a few hours we broke camp and adjourned to the pub for a meal before travelling home.
A fabulous sunny weekend in idyllic surroundings

Last edited by rodger on Mon Sep 17, 2007 18:14; edited 2 times in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 16:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

rodger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 16:45    Post subject: Lincomb Farm weekend photos/2 Reply with quote

Part 2

TonyS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rodger,

Great shots, like the one of moses x axle.
Thanks for all your work,with everything.Shame no one else wanted to partake.Such a good weekend.
cheers,Tony.
Moses

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Big thanks to Rodger and Tony for what was a well organised weekend and a brilliant offroad course (One of the best techinical ones I have been too Laughing - Thanks Tony) And Dik of course for the most excellent camp fire music   headbang Laughing Good to meet you (And the Good Ladies of course!) and all others etc...Laughing  wav

For the offroad course, there where bits for every level from easy to the extreme. What the photographs do not show is how steep the climbs and drop offs are. One drop off had an near vertical section Shocked  8)  8)  Confused Some of the climbs you would think blimey 'eck but the Landcruiser breezed it, as did the Jeep and the Patrol Wink Seeing is believing. Shocked Had a go at an extreme, section but found the limits of only having a centre diff lock(As proved by Tony with an impressive full front and rear diff lock ascent). However, with only a centre diff lock if one wheel starts to spin and with sandstone around, forget it!! Not to mention the sideways slipage Shocked Crying or Very sad Time to use the winch! Laughing  Laughing  8)
I believe Tony is going to modify and open up some more of the course.... Ready for next time when I am sure we will be bringing the Horses up to use on the 'other' 4x4 course Laughing  Wink

It was great to meet up with some likeminded Offroaders.  Laughing After all isn't that what a Landcruiser is for!! Laughing And proves that there can be a social side to this club. hello1  Even though we had too leave on Sunday morning Crying or Very sad  For those who didn't go, you missed out on a great weekend.

For photographs click here... http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/6550659  Laughing
Sorry about the quality of some Embarassed

trev
Sat Nav Free Zone

Last edited by Moses on Tue Sep 18, 2007 18:33; edited 1 time in total
TonyS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Trev,

Great photos,thanks for the kind words about the course.As you know i tried to get it as safe as possible,so even new LCs can get around , need to so Becky(wife) can go in hers too,and of course the new Brooklyn vehicles with novice drivers.Hopefully if interest is shown here we will do another one next year,if members realise its not a mud bath and damaging.!!
Thanks for coming,especilly as you had a long drive, though not quite as long as Dik, from North yorks,but hey cruisers dont mind a trip.
The stable is available, and i will sort out another new route for 2008,with  some new questions.
Best wishes,

Tony.
24Seven

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you guys had great fun and what a lovely course you have there Tony.

Due to family commitments, I just could not go, but hopefully if you do it again things will be better next year.
TonyS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,yes it was fun,more replies like yours and we will put in another date.
Certainly Rodger and Trev will be here next year(+other halves and ponies!)
24Seven

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 19:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyS wrote:
Hi,yes it was fun,more replies like yours and we will put in another date.
Certainly Rodger and Trev will be here next year(+other halves and ponies!)

Hopefully in 12 months time we will be in a better postion for an overnight stay (if you will have us) Smile
TonyS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries,the more the merrier,upto a certain number of course!
rodger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 0:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words, Trev. The photos are great but, as you say, the steepness of some of the climbs and drops does not come over in them. However I have one of those`incline-o-meters'(?) on the dash and on that extreme descent the needle touched the bottom of the gauge! - That's 40degrees+!
I am already looking forward to next Lincomb 4x4 event.

Rodger, BJ40 with HJ60 running gear
Cherokee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 14:25    Post subject: Limcomb Farm 14th - 16th September Reply with quote

Hi All,

As The Green Jeep (reg L 321TGJ) attendees at this Toyota event we have joined this Forum especially to experess our thanks for such a great time and for being made so welcome.

Tony has such a top notch facility here and has exactly the right style about him to make any get together really enjoyable and comfortable.

I have known Rodger for many years in his other capacities as an organiser, customiser, biker and publicist and now we are off road buddies too. His down hill skills in his diesel Tonka toy have to be seen.
Every slope I careered down he sauntered down as if it was flat.

Trev and his wife (or partner I didn't enquire so I shouldn't assume) were great to get to know and have an enviable back ground in off road exploration on wheels and hooves. Trev's demonstration of winch trigger and throttle co-ordination was an education for me.

The coaching and support I received from everybody was very helpful and I now know so much more about my 4x4 than I did when I arrived.

The Highlight of the off roading was provided by Tony who showed us the value of all round diff locking and very nobbly tyres when he drove unaided over the same obstacles that Trev had just used for winching experience. Both vehicles were the same but for the extra diff locks and tyres.

The party on Saturday night showed how well we had all jelled and how much we had in common outside of the 4x4 driving.
Tony's cooking and hosting skills shone through and the communal booze inspired chatting and fire staring was enhanced by the excellent logs Tony had cut in the afternoon.

It was a perfect end to a dubious summer.

I want to go again......now but I will be content to return next year.

Cheers all and thanks.

Dik & Kay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Events reviews, write-ups and photos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: