Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

why soooo cold?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 70 Series / Prado / Troopie / Bundera Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
despot67

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 18:09    Post subject: why soooo cold? Reply with quote

Hi
Can anyone tell me where the thermostat is on a 2.4 efi engine please?

Engine starts fine and gets hot but the temp guage won't move - need to see if any wires have gone awol. Also where is the fuse box?

Sorry to be so dumb chaps.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 18:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thermostat housing should be on the top at the end of the top hose, maybe someone has removed the stat, and the temp sender is mounted in the stat housing.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
despot67

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 18:53    Post subject: stat gone then? Reply with quote

Thanks for the directions - only just getting to griops witha whole new engine layout after being a landy man for years?

Can you buy the stat if missing from toyota or is a special unit do you know?

Also can anyone point me to the fuse box incase its that. Sounds daft but I looked for ages and couldn't find anything LOL
gus2010

Location: Vehicle is in Scotland, I visit it once a year from Australiark Saudi, soon Australia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:31    Post subject: Fusebox? Reply with quote

If you have a 70 then have a look at the side of the drivers footwell, just by the hinge side of the door, on the "wall" forward of the pedals.  There should be a grey plastic panel.  Pop it out and the fuse box is underneath.

I couldn't find it either and it was driving me bonkers.

My 78 year old father found it in 10 minutes!!

Regards,
Gus
despot67

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:34    Post subject: fuses Reply with quote

Cheers Gus

I spent for ever searching in every place ive ever known a fuse box to be only to remain dumb founded. I aint got a haynes etc yet as the Prado aint officialy mine yet as ive got to fit a new turbo and get her an MOT. Hope she passes as she certainly lloks good knck, always worry about brakes etc tho?
despot67

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:35    Post subject: more leccy stuff Reply with quote

Gus

Does yours only have one 12v lighter socket? as ive read there is one in the back?

The aint one near the passengers air controls so wondered if there was one in the boot?
despot67

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 18:16    Post subject: fixed Reply with quote

Tried earthing the sender unit and the guage moved - afterwards its now working???

weird but good LOL
gus2010

Location: Vehicle is in Scotland, I visit it once a year from Australiark Saudi, soon Australia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:58    Post subject: Cig Sockets Reply with quote

Mine is a 1991, and so far as I recall, I only have one cig lighter socket, in the front and none in the back.  It is possible there could be one in the rear of the centre console.

I'm afraid I can't check because my 70 is currently in my home garage in Scotland and I am working in Australia.
Roger Fairclough

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:52    Post subject: Problem with an LJ70 Reply with quote

Fuse box on a 70 series is to be found on the right hand side of the driversfootwell. It is behind the removeable plastic cover
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 70 Series / Prado / Troopie / Bundera Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: