Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

A-bars & Bull Bars ???

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ampaal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:39    Post subject: A-bars & Bull Bars ??? Reply with quote

I have recently purchased a 2004 LC5 Landcruiser which I would like to fit either an A-Bar or Bull Bar. I have looked round but as yet haven't found anything that stands out. But saying that I have seen the ARB full Bumper set up which does look nice....Is this legal in this country though?

Any one have any thoughts, knowledge on the legal side or just what they think looks good or would recommend.

Any input would be appreciated.

Should anyone wonder, the reason for fitting is that I had a Range Rover P38 previously which had a soft A-Bar fitted. This came in very handy when I rear ended another vehicle, writing it off. The only damage to the Range Rover..... a scratch on the A-Bar............ Shocked
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really am not keen on A-bars or bull bars simply for the reason of pedestrian safety. So I have gone for this instead.

I bought it from http://www.autostylinguk.co.uk/index.php but I don't think they stock it anymore Confused
Grimbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

This kind of bar just snaps both legs at the knee joint ! much harder to fix they will probably never walk again, the moral is don't walk out infront of 2+ tons of metal, pedestrian safety is the responsobility of the pedestrian, unless you happen to be driving on the pavement,  Confused , i would think if you can buy it in this over taxed, overprotective , nanny state we live in then it will be legal.[/quote]
TonyS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ARB front bar is a good one,as yours is an 04 model you will be able to fit one if you can find one. I think this year they have now banned them from being fitted to new vehicles.Try calling TBR uk as they will know more,and could supply.
Cheers.
ampaal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to those that have replied so far.

Your right Phoenix, they don't do yours anymore, but a good web site I haven't seen before, yours is a nice subtle looking addition.

Grimbo, I thought I would have had more debating replies on this subject. I agree, it is the pedestrians responsibility when it comes to their own safety, as it is with drivers. Accidents do happen though, which no matter how cautious we are, we can't always avoid, so why can't we within reason, protect our vehicles to minimise damage to our pride and joy! (or should we drive round with mattresses tied to the front of our vehicles). I also own a Honda Varadero that I have put crash bars to the sides/lower front, no problems doing this........ Mad

Tony S, cheers, another web site I haven't seen before, unfortunately they don't have anything but I will keep my eye on the site.

Thanks all again. Still looking.....  Smile
TonyS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,Tbr can supply,
www.tbruk.com/index.html?lmd=39435.523113
Click on here, there are a few to choose from.
Good luck
ampaal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyS,

am I missing something in the link...or are you suggesting the snow plow...... Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
ampaal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyS....

Sorry....got you now, but the snow plow attachment could be useful............. Confused  Laughing  Laughing
Grimbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too, everyone must be chilled for christmas, I thought being slightly radical in my posting might spark healthy debate  Smile , I fear for the future of the british race, with the nanny state now, we have lost natural selection, in years gone by the thick / stupid / lazey , etc , all got eaten by things, or fell off cliffs that didn't have signs telling them not to fall off. If you want proof, look no further than the rise and survival of chavs  Laughing . Merry Christmas to all.
G.
TonyS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will agree with you guys about "nanny state'' and with an accident  turning into a court case more times than it should.Country has gone so down hill in the last 10 years.
Ampaal,post something like this on the general forum.Give some quiet debate over christmas.
Have a happy one.
Oldage Traveler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Grimbo for President Very Happy

Slangevar
timbo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

God forbid Grimbo has any children who happen to run out in front of a Landcruiser wearing bull bars, or he gets a puncture and looses control near a bus stop. Wonder if his opinions would change?
uk_vette
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't disagree that bars can hurt people.
But it wont damage the bonnet, so thats OK.

here's mine.
uk_vette
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres my 1st choice.
uk_vette
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

No hang on, just had a rethink,
this is what I want for all the dumb wits that want to step out infront of + 2 ton

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: