Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Overland Expedition Vehicle Preperation - best company?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Laning / Offroading / Overlanding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
savagefox

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:00    Post subject: Overland Expedition Vehicle Preperation - best company? Reply with quote

Anyone got any do's or don't for this? Was thinking Frog Island or TBR UK? These good firms? Anyone else I can go to that know what they're doing with landcruisers, won't rip me off and have a decent labour rate? Don't mind where it is in the country
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Roy03

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 20:52    Post subject: TBR Reply with quote

I have used TBR and I would recommend them. Chris, the manager knows his business and it would be worth talking to him.
Roy
savagefox

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ta - will give him a ring early this week
TonyS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBR uk certainly know their stuff, can supply all the right gear, and their prices are right,some of the other companies really know how to charge.Another small but really good company is 4x4 R Us in Warwick.They built and fitted me a rear bumper and wheel carrier far stronger than an ARB one for half the money.Any rock sliders/side steps they can do from scratch at really sensible money.They work a bit in conjunction with TBR as well,so can get all the gear, but if you are in Surrey,i guess TBR are closer to you.Chris is away for the next two weeks, so ask for Trevor.

1991 80 series with a few bits.
savagefox

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 0:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not had much luck with them . The girl who answered the phone said to call back in 3 weeks. Sent an email after i saw your post for Trevor's attention but nothing back. Speaking to Footloose4x4 and FrogsIsland at the moment and both seem very good.
Graham Smith

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact Anton at

OEC International Limited
Broadway Road
Kingsteignton, Newton Abbot
Devon, TQ12 3PJ
United Kingdom

tel: ++44 (0)1626 356555
fax: ++44 (0)1626 356066

Very organised for Landcruisers, and TJM products which are true quality.
Graham Smith

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to add - I had a pretty nasty time dealing with FrogsIsland, so I would tread carefully in that direction...

Graham
ChrisC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 21:55    Post subject: TLC mech guru!!! Reply with quote

Where are you off to and for how long? What vehicle you taking? What kit, extras have or are you planning to add? Etc?Etc?etc?

Try this chap - Julian Voelcker - he is pretty well kown in the Cruiser community and knows then inside out. Runs his own workshop and will do whatever prep work for/with you, so you can learn - also cheaper than the above mentioned companies and probably knows more - definately cares more. He is based in Cirencester area of Gloucs.

His contact details are:  

Julian Voelcker
08455 086863

Whereever or whatrever you do/go enjoy

Chris
savagefox

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 0:28    Post subject: Re: TLC mech guru!!! Reply with quote

Australia in May (I know - there's a sea bit then I can't drive across) - details at www.drive-to-oz.com. 9 months in total an did have contact with Julian but already had it in with Footloose by then. Get the vehicle back at the end of the month and wll put up a kit list but basically raised suspension (emu), Goodrich all terrains, long range fuel tank, raised air intake, roof-rack, 2 spare wheels etc etc. Ta for the post though - much appreciated.

ChrisC wrote:
Where are you off to and for how long? What vehicle you taking? What kit, extras have or are you planning to add? Etc?Etc?etc?

Try this chap - Julian Voelcker - he is pretty well kown in the Cruiser community and knows then inside out. Runs his own workshop and will do whatever prep work for/with you, so you can learn - also cheaper than the above mentioned companies and probably knows more - definately cares more. He is based in Cirencester area of Gloucs.

His contact details are:  

Julian Voelcker
07971 540362

Whereever or whatrever you do/go enjoy

Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Laning / Offroading / Overlanding All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: